Chapter 124

I was spending a lot of time at the hotel, up in the penthouse, talking to Serina, bringing her new things to try from the patisserie and keeping Sam in his favorites whenever I did show up.

We'd been hanging out for weeks. Cam would pop up after his shift was over and we'd end up having dinner, playing games or watching movies. Serina was kind enough to sit through us watching several of her movies. I paid her back with extra croissants. They were her favorites.

Yet, despite the time we spent together in a group, there was something about Sam.

I often found him watching me and I have to admit that I enjoyed it.

Yes.

Fine.

Damn butterflies never ever let me forget it anyway. I loved to bake something for him and watch him eat it. I appreciated the look he gave me when I'd appear in the elevator.

You know, the kind of once over look that ended with a faint grin teasing the corners of his lips?

Yes, absolutely the same sort of look Owen was oblivious to when he was giving it to Sang.

I'd seen years and years of that look.

I'd be seriously remiss if I didn't admit that I'd love to be the recipient of that look from a guy in my life for the rest of my life. I'd seen how Sang reacted to seeing the look on Owen's face. After several girl's nights, I also know exactly how she felt about him when he'd look at her like that.

So the fact that I was catching glimpses of that look on Sam's face when he thought I wasn't paying attention to him?

So freaking hot.

"You two should go out."

I blinked, raising my head to stare at Serina. "I'm sorry, what?"

"You and Sam." She nodded her head to where Cam and Sam were deep in conversation. "I mean, unless you're dating Cam." Her face flushed a pale shade of pink. "You and Cam are also adorable and I'm sorry if I'm missing a connection. I don't mean to be pushy."

I felt my face heat up with color as I shook my head and took a sip of wine to calm myself. "No." I said. "Cam and I are roommates. Fine, roommates with limited benefits that we won't be discussing right now but we're not dating." I was practically falling all over myself with the words vomiting out of my mouth.

She raised an eyebrow at me. "Sure." She smirked.

"Serious. We're not. We've been roommates since I got here. He hadn't been here that long either so it just made sense. But we're besties. Totally close and yeah, I guess. If Sam asked me out, I'd say yes." I admitted, stealing a glance over at the boys, my cheeks flushing darker when Sam gave me the look.

Again.

Hadn't he given me that look enough today?

"I see. Well, I think that you and Sam should still go out." Serina continued.

I laughed. "Like he'd leave you." I raised an eyebrow at her. "He's very committed to fulfilling his duties."

She scoffed. "Whatever. He can lock the penthouse to only accept his keycard and hotel security can keep an eye on things."

"Good point." I said, reaching for the deck of cards to shuffle them for our next round of Uno. "I however, think that if you're not on a shooting schedule for your film this weekend, we should convince Sam to let you go to Disney." I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Oh hell yes." She nodded. "I'd love that. And I know my schedule actually has me off this weekend. You know, you could also go on a date or two with him in a couple weeks. My hubby is bringing our baby to visit me for a few weeks so he'll actually have some time off because he's been firm on the fact that he'll make himself scarce if my family comes to visit."