Chapter 67

"Oh, my beautiful baby girl." Mom sounded like she was going to cry as she pinned up the last bit of hair.

"You're not crying, are you?"

"No." she snuffled and quickly blew her nose. "But you are beautiful."

I smiled as she took the sheet that she'd draped over me off and helped me stand up in my dress and heels. I'd done my make-up and slipped into the dress before letting her have her way with my hair. I leaned in to the mirror and took a close look at it before smiling. "Oh Mom, it's awesome. Thank you." I turned and hugged her quickly.

"You're welcome." She said, hugging me back and watching as I carefully outlined my lips and filled in with the lip stain to match my dress. "Just beautiful. You and Kota are the two best things I've ever done in my life and I'm so blessed to be your mother." She murmured.

I caught a glimmer and sheen of possible tears in her eyes and I smiled. "I think we're lucky to have you." I said softly. "All of us." I said. "Those cubs of yours have a mixed bag as far as parents go. I know Sean's parents care about him and so does Charlie about Silas but outside of Pam and Uncle, you're it for practically all of them. We may not say it often enough, Mom but I know that we're all grateful that you were willing to look out for all of them."

She laughed as the tears started to fall. "I love that you're willing to allow me to be shared among all your extra brothers and Sang. But damn, baby girl... you're far too wise for your age. I've got to go get these waterworks under control. I love you." She said, pressing a quick kiss to my forehead before letting me finish my last touches on my face.

There was a knock on the door as I finished and slipped out of the bathroom to grab my clutch purse. I suppose the brilliance of the whole thing is that it was early August and I definitely didn't need a wrap today. "I'm coming." I called downstairs as I heard mom heading to the door.

"Okay." She called back and I heard the door opening. "Tony, my, don't you look nice."

I heard him chuckle. "Thanks, Erica. Is she ready?"

"Coming downstairs right now."

I caught myself in speed because, well, it would ruin everything if I tumbled down the last of the stairs and landed in a beautiful but embarrassing pile right at his feet. "Hi!" I smiled at him.

Tony looked up and I was rewarded with a solid jaw drop as he stared at me.

"Beautiful, isn't she?"

Thank you, mom, I thought to myself as my eyes searched his face.

"Gorgeous." He finally managed to say something before thrusting a bouquet of flowers at me. "For you." He said.

I took the burgundy roses from him and smiled. "Thank you." I bent my head to smell them. "They're beautiful."

"Not compared to you." He said, softly.

I smiled, wordlessly at him and Mom elbowed me. "I'll take care of these, you two go on and have a good time. Just call me if you're going to be later than midnight, wait, it's a special event and I know you'll be safe." She eyed me for a moment before studying Tony. He seemed to straighten up and met her gaze straight on. "Two am, Tony. I'm trusting you with the care and safekeeping of my daughter until two am. No phone calls needed."

"Yes, ma'am." He said seriously and nodded. "I won't let you down."

"Don't I get a say in this?" I arched an eyebrow at them.

"No." they both said together.

I snorted and shook my head. "Fine. Whatever." I gave mom the flowers and double checked my bag to make sure I had what I needed... phone, lip stain, a little money... good to go. I closed it again. "C'mon, we're wasting time." I said before leaning in and kissing mom's cheek. "Love you."