Chapter 109

~A~

Cam thumbed open his messages. They hadn't been doing much talking lately because it was more difficult than one would think it was to coordinate international time zones. But he was working overnight shifts this week at the hotel which worked out fairly well for the guys back in the states.

Truthfully, the Chicago mission was on the verge of getting wrapped up and he knew the guys out there were looking forward to getting it over and getting back home. And the other? Well, their fearless team lead was off in California, having lucked into a personal security job for a famous actress and she was filming reshoots on her last movie right now.

~Hey... look alive people, we have a chat window happening right now. ~

Marriott: No one checking in at the hotel?

~Right. It's the middle of the night. I wish I wasn't here. It's super boring during the off season. ~

Hilton: better than dealing with mid term projects. That aren't due for a month.

Motel 6: Or just reading. I never thought I'd be tired of books.

Sheridan: Ha. You're not tired of books, you're tired of discussing them with people who only read cliff notes.

La Quinta: It's also early February. There's not a damn thing to do out on the grounds. I mean, unless I start dabbling in snow art.

~Yeah, you guys got to get home. At least it doesn't typically snow in Charleston.~

Marriott: Is it mostly rain in Paris? I gotta say, California's been nice.

La Quinta: Did you go to Disneyland?

~me? Yeah, my roommate and I went a couple weeks ago. We're going again when we both have a day off. ~

Hilton: Oooh, the roommate.

Motel 6: You haven't said much about your roomie.

Sheridan: Need any research? I bet I can find a lot of dirt.

~ No, no. I'm just fine without you finding dirt. Seriously. Do you not trust me? I have excellent judgement. ~

Marriott: Hmm. And yes, BTW, I also have been to Disneyland. We need to go on more vacations. I have a sudden desire to visit Disney World someday.

~So in about 3 years? ~

La Quinta: LOL. At least that puts us all home again, right?

~It should. Anyway. What's going on? I always expect to find lots of emails when I get up in the morning... or evening. ~

Hilton: It's just slow. It's the slowest ever at school and I'm sure that no one has EVER said that before.

Sheridan: Yeah, seriously. I'm just itching to get into the dark web again.

~ Don't make me talk to your work team lead. ~

Marriott: Exactly. Dude. You have ONE job. And it doesn't involve getting into trouble.

Sheridan: I know, I know. Things are just dull. I wish I hadn't ...

Motel 6: what? Agreed to a stupid end date on your last relationship?

Hilton: been forced to be a jerk to her in public?

La Quinta: While wearing guyliner and looking like a fairy tale pirate?