Chapter 127

It’s been a few weeks since our first date and I just have to admit it.  

I could seriously be in love with Sam.  

It’s not like it was off putting or an absurd idea or anything.  

I just spent a lot of time in a state of confusion when I wasn’t with him or working.  

Why, you might ask?  

Because the butterflies just kept going.  

And to maybe make things worse, I was still having butterflies about Cam most of the time too.  

I’d had those the entire time we’d been friends and roommates though. I’ve just gotten really good at calming myself down. But now? Dating Sam and spending time with Cam? I was in a constant state of fluttering.  

Our weeks had settled into a few things. We spent a couple nights a week in the penthouse hanging out with Cam and Serina. We’d managed to go to Disney on a Saturday. It was amazing actually. Cam walked around with Serina and that allowed Sam and I to hold hands and follow them around and just act as if we were a group of friends hanging out at Disney. Serina spent most of the day laughing because she’d ended up employing an age old disguise that usually didn’t work well in superhero movies. That’s right, it was a day filled with good old baseball caps and huge sunglasses. Our hair was a very similar color naturally so I honestly think that helped the disguise work. She wore wigs for her characters so Serina Rojos out in the wild as herself? She could blend right into the woodwork. And Disney Paris wasn’t really as evident and obvious like it would have been if it was Disneyland or Disney World. Which also played into our favor.  

We had a great time, riding rides and eating practically all day. We caught a couple shows and a parade before actually closing out the park with the fireworks show. I got some pretty intense kisses in during the fireworks show.  

Because man, Sam could kiss.  

Seriously. I was not complaining at all about kissing that man.  

Between Cam and I, we even convinced Sam to move our group hang out to our place instead of the penthouse. It wasn’t all that difficult. Serina had been under the radar in every way and to be honest, I think the success of our Disney trip also convinced him that it would be okay.  

I just used the excuse that we had way more movies and games at home that we’d be able to choose from instead of always depending on Cam or I grabbing a bunch of stuff to bring over. I may have also highly encouraged the fact that Cam could make awesome lattes with the espresso machine and a make your own pizza night would be much easier to pull off at our place since, you know, we actually had an oven.  

It was the best night.  

Wine and lattes were flowing, we put on a Harry Potter movie but we weren’t really watching it as we indulged in a game night that combined a few rounds of Clue, a couple stacks of cards from Cards Against Humanities and some random draws out of the Harry Potter trivia game that Cam had found for me as one of my Christmas presents last year.  

“It’s getting late.” Sam said, glancing at his watch as the second movie we’d put on switched to the end credits.  

Serina pouted. “I don’t want to go.” She said, finishing off her wine.