Chapter 96

"I need help." I whined to Sang.

"Help with what? A catering job, figuring out how to add payment options to your website?" she asked, blowing on her latte before taking a sip of it.

"Josh is taking me dancing Saturday night and other than the shoes, I don't know what to wear or how to do my hair or anything." I pulled a face. "I mean, I can't just wear anything with stiletto heels."

She frowned for a moment. "You could." She said. "No one would care if the shoes were great enough, but Gabriel would care." She said, cautiously, knowing how I felt about a shopping trip with Gabe, or an in-room consultation. "Do you think you have anything he could piece together a club outfit from in your closet?"

"Maybe if there was anything he ever put you in to go dancing." I blew out a breath and pushed my hair back from my face before pulling it up into a messy bun and jotting down a few more new dessert ideas.

She bit her lip. "There's probably not much in your closet then for that. There are certain men in my family that don't appreciate it when I go out dancing so there's a decided lack of clubbing or dancing outfits in my closet, let alone getting passed down to you."

"So, I guess we need to go shopping then. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to just get it out of the way." I pulled out my calendar and studied it. "Halloween isn't that far off and I could use a few things for the costume I have in mind." I tapped my pen on the notebook. "And I probably should go ahead and invest in a nice, somewhat formal dress because there is bound to be a holiday function or maybe a fancy dress up date that Josh would want to go to that would require a more formal look."

"Oh, and Gabriel will be all over stocking up your closet for all of that."

She pulled out her phone and studied the calendar before sending a text message. "His day looks clear; my day is clear..." she raised an eyebrow at me. "How's your Thursday, Jess?"

I huffed a sigh. "Clear..." I admitted, reluctantly. "A lot clearer than tomorrow or Saturday morning."

"Do you want my Meanie to have kittens?" Sang arched an eyebrow at me. "There is absolutely no way we are going to get away with waiting until Saturday morning. Even if you THINK you have the right shoes in your closet, I bet you $10 bucks that he's going to insist you get a new pair of shoes. Which means you'll need to wear them around the house tonight and as much as you can tomorrow so that your feet aren't killing you an hour into your date on Saturday night."

"But I do have the right shoes." I pouted.

"Did he buy them?"

"I don't think so... no..." I shook my head.

"Then, Jessica, sweetie, they aren't the right shoes." Sang smiled, softening her tone with a shrug. "Just trust me. It'll be good for you to let him get a few things out of his system now because I swear, he's going to be hard to convince that you'll be just fine shopping on your own in January in Paris." She said.

"But I will be fine, shopping on my own in Paris." I said, puzzled. "It's Paris, why wouldn't I be?"

"Just trust me. He's going to want to be working on filling your wardrobe with a few things he knows will work for you just in case you have a formal event and can't find anything suitable without him."

I huffed a sigh. "I'm going to be over there with way too much luggage." I groaned.

She winced. "Pretty much." She said with a laugh as her phone pinged with a new message. "Good news, he's delighted that you're asking for help before Saturday. He'll be here in an hour to look over your closet and make a list of exactly what you think you're looking for."