Chapter 130

I'd been busy all week at the patisserie and trying to make sure that I had my hair and makeup plan down for the movie premiere. I didn't want to embarrass myself when I was off rubbing elbows with celebrities. So I was quite surprised when Chef called me away from the cake I was decorating to have a chat in his office. I passed off decoration to Tasha and washed my hands before heading to his office. "You wanted to see me?"

He smiled slightly, dipping his head in a quick nod. "I've been considering the offer to partner with the hotel. They're still in need of a pastry chef, yes?"

"Yes, they are. They're doing okay right now but it's an expense they don't want to keep incurring by buying desserts to go on the room service menu as well as the before dinner social hour that they've been doing." I explained, tucking my hair back before making myself more comfortable in the chair he waved me down into.

"I like the idea of this partnership."

"It's quite the opportunity, isn't it?" I asked, eyes locked on his desk as he studied the menu proposals that Cam had sent over to show what they were aiming for providing.

"Oui."

I waited until he'd set down the papers. "And you've come to decision?" I prompted him.

He nodded. "I have made my decision. We'll be doing the partnership. And you're going to be the one to bring it all to life. Set up the recipes, set the processes."

"Oh, wow." I blinked at him.

"This is something you'd like to do, yes?"

"Of course, I just didn't want to miss out on anything happening here, you know, where my internship actually takes place...?" I tried to hide my emotions from my words because to be honest, I was torn between wanting to do it because it would certainly be a HUGE opportunity for me but not wanting to do it because I was worried that I'd miss out on some technique that we hadn't gotten to yet and there was like seven months left in my internship.

"Understandable." He nodded, rubbing a hand over his chin thoughtfully. "You've been one of the best students I've ever had in this program. I have no doubt that your bakery when you go home will be superb."

"Thank you, chef."

"So if you would do me the honor of establishing our presence at the hotel, I will sign off on your internship being done a month early. You'd be able to be home before Christmas." He eyed me for a moment. "If we are having any new techniques, then I will schedule them early enough in the day that you would be able to be here instead of the hotel."

"That's a very generous offer." I said, leaning forward slightly. "So, to make sure that I understand. I'd be setting up everything, choosing the menu of what desserts we'd be offering on their room service menu, choosing what to bake to supply their coffee stand as well as planning a rotating menu of items that would be available at the front desk as well as the daily social hour that they host for guests?"

"Oui."

"And because I'd be doing you this huge favor, you'll sign off on my completed internship early so that I could go home in the beginning of December. And I'd also train the next person you send over to take over the hotel duties?"

"Yes. Of course, now that we're talking it out, I'd need to also give you an assistant, right?"

"Well, they do have a pastry chef on staff, she just isn't as skilled or trained to be the head pastry chef. What do you think about seeing if you could hire her away from the hotel, under the framing of that she would also be a branded representative for you and a permanent assistant on staff to whoever you place at the hotel? That way I could teach her the recipes, how to plate and serve, what needs to be done every day... she'd likely be the person handling the late night room service orders or filling in on a day off for me and by the same token, my shift may need to work to allow her the day off too."