Chapter 14

a/n I know, I know... a little short chapter but it's a good filler chapter, I swear!  :) I hope you like it...

~A~

I'd had a good brunch on Sunday at the diner. Jessica didn't even look tired and I knew that she'd been up longer than I had the night before. Somehow the week had sped by and it was already Wednesday. It was okay though, it just meant that Friday was looming closer and it wouldn't be long before I'd have her to myself on a beach.

I looked at my phone, rolling my eyes as my brothers started to blow my phone up with text messages. When we were all busy, it was the easiest way for us to have meeting.

Loki: Dude... you sure you're not an owner at that diner yet?

Cap: Exactly. If you're not eating to own then there must be a cute waitress.

If only they knew. Me: You wish.

Web: No, you wish. The waitress there is probably so hot that cute is an understatement.

Loki: LOL You've been eating there almost every day for a week and a half.

Four: You're sure we can't join you some time? At least when you ate at home there was some left.

King: We could just stake it out. Find out who he's there for.

I frowned at the idea. If I had my way, I'd be keeping Jessica away from them. Me: Don't even think about it.

Loki: C'mon. we like girls too....

King: I have my doubts about you. The rest of us sure. But you? Not convinced yet.

Cap: ROFL

Web: I could just hack into the wire on his phone.

Four: You'd get caught and in trouble.

Web: You guys would never turn me in. it's not ill intent. Just concern over our brother.

I huffed a sigh. These guys were like a dog with a bone. Don't get me wrong, I loved them all but I was not at all ready to share Jessica with them. Me: Just stay away. C'mon. Trust me. I've not even met her family yet.

King: I knew it.

Loki: YES! Is she hot?

Web: I still could hack you. Get her texts...

I rolled my eyes again. Me: Back off. Dude, I swear if I ever hear her texts to me coming from you I will kick your ass.

Web: Hey now, just a joke. Serious. My hands are up and I'm walking away from the phone.

Cap: Guys, come on. I'm happy to hear there's actually a girl.

Four: I guess you'll introduce us when you're ready.

I could practically see their excitement and disappointment rolling off my screen. It wasn't that we never dated, we just... had a hard time finding girls for some reason. They were either psycho or ended up not being interested in an actual relationship. Like I'd told Jessica, she wasn't like any girl I'd ever met and I meant it. Me: You're right. When I'm ready, I'll make sure you meet her.

I found my thoughts straying to Jessica as the texts pinged into my phone as the guys finally got the hint that I wasn't going to talk about Jessica with them and they started to discuss the plans we were trying to make for the weekend. Our group chat wrapped up without too much further input needed from me.

I thumbed my camera open, finding the picture I'd taken at dinner of Jessica and smiled. She was beautiful. I looked at the clock and smiled wider. She was just about to get off work. I opened the text messages and found my thread with her and quickly typed a text to her.

~Hey beautiful. Hope your evening finished up well. Call me after you get home if you want. We can talk about Friday plans. ~