Chapter 118

Things felt a little awkward in the morning, I was frankly too embarrassed to make eye contact while we drank coffee and had a bite to eat before we headed off to our Disney day but it was such a nice day and it was so difficult to be unhappy or awkward at Disneyland Paris so by the time we walked through the main gate, we were simply back to Jess and Cam.

He refused to let me pay for anything, citing birthday rules whenever I tried to buy a pastry or something to drink. We rode on the rides, had an excellent lunch and ate ice cream while we sat on a bench by the parade route, taking in the afternoon parade with an excellent view. We were debating just staying put because we came to the park often and the bench we'd claimed would make an excellent viewing spot to catch fireworks. "I don't know." I shrugged. "Whatever you think."

"Nope. It's your birthday weekend. It's literally whatever you think." He grinned.

"Ugh. Decisions, decisions." I rolled my eyes at him. "So we stay on the bench, mostly. One of us would stay put if the other wanted to go look at the shops or find more food?"

"Or even take a quick ride." He said, with a nod. "We didn't get any future fast passes so we'd be okay for it. It's a nice shady spot." He looked around. "We always say we're going to do it someday and we haven't yet. But it's your birthday, Jess. If you want to go ride a whole bunch of rides, eat dinner that we didn't get from a cart and stand up in the middle of the crowd to watch fireworks then I'm in for that too."

I considered the offer. "You're right. Really, we didn't plan things out very well given that we don't have any fast passes. We didn't book any dinners with show fast passes and we will absolutely be stuck in long lines for the rest of the afternoon if we just go mingle with general population." I shrugged. "Let's do it. We'll stay here and take selfies all the rest of the afternoon." I teased.

"Even better, I'll go buy more pastries from the patisserie. You know you want to truly analyze them and figure out a way to make them even better."

I laughed. "You caught me. My top secret bakery plans totally involve making Disney pastries even better once I get back home again and into my own shop."

He leaned over and dropped a quick kiss on my lips. "I know you as well as I know myself." He bragged. "It's my job in our roommate relationship."

I snorted. "Is that so?"

"Yes, yes it is."

"Then I'm not going to tell you what pastry I want to try next. You're just going to have to figure it out." I eyed him. "We shall see how long it take you to nail it."

He laughed. "You're on." He offered his hand to shake on it but I slapped him a high five before grinning. "Shopping?" he offered. "Did you need money?"

"No." I shook my head. "I have birthday money to use. You won't let me buy food or drink today but I'm going to spend my birthday money and you can't stop me because you'll be on this here bench right here."

"Right on this here bench, eh?"

"Defeats the purpose of our afternoon plans if you don't." I shrugged. "I won't be long."

"Okay." He finally smiled, sliding his sunglasses over his eyes as he got more comfortable on the bench. "No problem, Jess. I'll honestly be more than happy to be right here."

'Okay." I tilted my head and studied him for a moment. "Cam..." I waited until he looked at me. "I'm really sorry about last night." I blurted. I could feel my face flooding with a rush of color. I'm sure I was a very attractive shade of fuchsia.

"Jess, no..." He shook his head, reaching out and cupping my cheek as he studied me. "You have nothing to apologize for. I told you that. I mean it. I swear, there's no reason to be sorry. I had a great time, we danced the night away and I was at the club with the hottest girl in Paris. So you ended up not being ready to move forward intimately. It's okay. You said no. You're making it be an entirely much bigger deal than it is. Honest."