Chapter 126

After my call with Sam, I started to really focus and think about what I thought he’d enjoy doing for our first date in Paris. I had a plan in just a few hours and spent time working out some logistics with Cam as far who was going to pick up whom and where the date meet up was happening. “Are you sure?”  

I looked up and found Cam’s blue gaze laser focused on my face. “What? About having you send him over here to pick me up? Sure.”  

He raised an eyebrow at me and crossed his arms. “You’re sure you want him to come here?”  

“Cam, he knows we’re roommates, yes?” he nodded. “Then it’s perfectly fine if he picks me up here. At some point, he’d be here anyway. If we make something of a go of this thing while he’s in town, I hardly think we’ll be going out every single time we have time together.”  

He shrugged slightly. “I suppose. I mean, I pretty much promised to work the front desk any time he wants to take you out and it’s not like he’d be taking you up to Serina’s penthouse to snuggle or have any sort of private time.”  

I rolled my eyes. “Could you not push us into that sort of a relationship from the get go? We have to actually be able to just be the two of us. Maybe we won’t be able to have a decent conversation or I’ll be such complete rubbish at planning our date tonight that he’ll never want to be alone with me again.”  

“Oh, Jess… my dear, sweet… Mon Ami… he’s not going to be turned off at the idea of being alone with you.” Cam said. “Trust me. He likes you just fine and will certainly want to be spending time alone with you. Would you rather he spends money and gets a hotel room?”  

“No, no…” I shook my head. “Of course not. You make a very good point. Okay, fine. At some point in this thing, he’s going to want to have some form of a movie night that’s just us with snuggles on the couch.” I threw my hands in the air. “Fine.”  

Cam laughed. “I’ve got to get ready for work. Tonight’s going to be great. I think you’ve done an excellent job planning the date.” He came around the counter and gave me a quick hug before kissing my forehead. “Relax. After I leave, you’re going to have a couple hours, take a bath, relax for a bit before you get ready. I’ll tell him exactly how to get here, he won’t get lost.”  

“Okay.” I nodded before he kissed my forehead again, releasing me from the hug before he headed into his room to change. I pursed my lips, running over the plan one more time in my head before I shook my head and focused on mixing up some muffin batter for breakfast tomorrow. Sometimes, we turned the batter into pancakes or waffles instead of muffins and neither of us minded when they turned into something completely different than their original intended food.  

As much as I wanted to follow Cam’s plan and take a long bath, I ended up stressing over the plans I’d made and changed my clothes five times before going back to the original outfit I was wearing of a pair of jeans, a cute pair of boots and a tank top layered under a button down shirt. As part of my stress, my eyes decided to completely rebel against me after I’d done my eye makeup.  

It looked really good.  

But my eyes were hating it so I had to take out my contacts, wash my face and do a more minimal eye look because I was going to end up wearing my glasses tonight. So I compensated with a bright, bold lip and a really great pair of earrings. My hair was up in a ponytail and after I shoved things into my purse, there was a knock at the door.