Chapter 125

I was pretty busy at the patisserie for the next few days. I'd won a recipe challenge a couple weeks ago so my recipe was the special of the week. That wouldn't have been such a keeping me busy sort of win but no one else was able to make my cake slice the way I did and Chef demanded that I make them myself.

I went over all the steps with Tasha and she knew how to do it so we were figuring that Chef just wanted to be a pain and give me some busy work. He'd been considering the potential business decision of linking the patisserie to Cam's hotel more and more and he was close to making a decision.

Did I want to have the placement?

Sure, it would mean more time with my bestie and if I was already in the hotel, then hanging out with Sam and Serina would be almost immediate at the end of my day.

Did I think it would somehow hold me back from learning a few techniques? Maybe. I wasn't sure that having one pastry chef at the hotel all the time would be a good thing and I was sure that I would be freaking out about missing out on something important that would make a huge impact on my future business.

So I was hopeful about Chef's decision making process but okay either way with what he decided.

Afterall, it was a potential long term partnership so maybe he didn't want any of us students to be assigned to the job anyway. Only if he was planning on giving that person a job going forward after the course was over.

"Jessica... you've got a visitor." Tasha spoke in Russian to cover what she said in case I didn't want anyone to know that there was someone waiting.

I nodded, moving to wash my hands after I finished plating up the cake slices that had just been decorated. I carried them out into the shop, sliding them into the pastry case, glancing up as they fit neatly into their place. I blinked and felt myself blush when I found those baby blue eyes of Sam's locked on my face. "And what are you doing here?" I teased, reaching for a couple plates. "Need cake?"

He inclined his head slightly, watching my every move before he nodded. "Serina's found a private corner." He jutted his chin towards the most quiet corner that we had. "And I needed to talk to you, Fifi."

I plated a slice of the special before also plating a piece of fresh strawberry cake. "Fifi, hmm?" I looked at him, my lips pursed as I analyzed the nickname he was apparently giving me. "Why am I Fifi?

"Because Cam's Daphne..." he teased. "I call him Daph so now you'll just be Daph-ifi..."

"No." I shook my head. "No, no. Do not give us a couple name. That's just all sorts of wrong."

Sam laughed. "Okay, I won't do that to you. Who'd want to be saddled to him anyway?" He grinned.

"Clearly you since I've heard all about his other bestie since you arrived." I handed over the plates, waving off his offer of payment. "I got this."

"As long as you won't get into trouble."

"I won't." I reassured him. "So, you're going to have to explain Fifi sometime."

He pursed his lips, studying me. "I can do that. What do you think about Saturday?"

"I think Saturday is a good day, every week. I have no complaints about Saturdays. Why?" I tilted my head to give him just as much of a good study as he was giving me.

"Will you go on a date with me? Saturday night?" He seemed nervous as he rushed the words out.

I smiled. "Cam told you about the plan Serina and I discussed?"

"He did. He made a very strong case for implementing it." Sam gave me a short nod. "It's a good plan. It's twelve percent of a plan." He smirked.

"Gotta love a good Guardians of the Galaxy reference." I laughed. "I'd be delighted to go on a date with you, Sam. Saturday sounds perfect."