Chapter 84

"Hey." Pete smiled and reached for the bag I was bringing into his apartment. He leaned in and pressed a quick kiss to my lips.

"Hey yourself." I said, setting my purse down next to the door and putting my coat and scarf on the coat tree. "How's the grading?"

"Done. So, I am free to watch movies with my lovely girlfriend tonight."

"Awesome. I'm so proud of you." I smiled and followed him into the kitchen where he put my bag down and I started to pull things out that I'd brought for dinner. "We could start one now because the food has to heat up for a bit first. Maybe eat in front of the tv?" I laughed softly when he wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Maybe." He said. "What's for dinner?"

"Oh, well, I'm trying a few things out, so I have beef stew with salad and biscuits and then there are cherry hand pies for dessert." I said.

"I love cherry pie." He said.

"I know." I said, turning to kiss him lightly. "These are portable. Like a Hostess pie only better because I made them." I bragged.

"Everything is better when you make it." He said, looking thoughtful. "Although, I almost want you to challenge my mom to a cinnamon roll bake off. She makes the best."

"I don't have a cinnamon roll recipe yet." I said. "I'll need one for the bakery, won't I?"

"You for sure will need one. Maybe someday. I wouldn't mind if you met her, it's just that she still gets busy with Academy work." He explained.

"I understand." I said, turning to face him and reaching up to lightly rest my hand on his cheek. "You're right. Maybe someday. And if someday doesn't happen, maybe she'd still share the recipe with me, even if I only get to make them for you because she doesn't want me to sell them at my bakery."

He chuckled. "I think it would tickle her pink to know that you were selling her cinnamon rolls at your bakery." He ducked his head to kiss me lightly.

"Well, all right then. Let me just get everything into the oven that needs to heat up." I said softly.

"Sounds good. Any preference on movie marathons?"

"Maybe Avengers? We have time for those and we both love them, even though they aren't technically book based." I suggested.

He rolled his eyes. "Not traditionally book based, you mean. There's the comic books."

"Graphic novels." I countered. "And they don't really follow any of those story lines when it comes to avenging."

"Creative liberties?" he asked.

I shrugged, unwrapping the beef stew and pouring it into one of the pots and starting it on the stove top to heat up. Salad could wait to be tossed before we ate, and the biscuits wouldn't take long to heat up, if I thought about it. "Not as creative as those Divergent liberties." I said, wrapping my arm around his waist as we headed into the living room.

"No, nothing's truly been as creative as those liberties." He laughed before dropping a kiss on the top of my head before I settled on the couch and he went to find the first movie.

"Those had to be that creative because no one liked anything about how the books ended." I pouted at him.

He inclined his head slightly. "Some people did." He said.

"No... you did?" I blinked at him.

"It was minorly annoying." He said, straightening to look at me. "But it was gutsy. She took a big risk on ending them that way. You almost have to admire it."