Chapter 117

I woke up on Thursday morning to a room completely decorated with streamers and balloons. I blinked at them in confusion because I had no idea how Cam managed to decorate my room while I was sleeping and never once managed to wake me up. The fact he'd cared enough to do it, made me smile. And the big gold 21 mylar balloons floating in my window made me laugh. I scrambled out of bed, dislodging Eiffel from her warm sleeping spot at the foot of my bed and pulled on my light robe before I shoved my glasses on my face and left my room.

"Happy Birthday!"

I blinked at Cam's grinning face. "You got me. How in the world did you do it?"

"I can't divulge my secrets." He teased. "Come on, birthday girl. Get settled quick so you can enjoy your birthday breakfast before you have to get ready to go to your shift."

I stared at him. "You made me breakfast?"

"But of course!" He said, coming over and dropping a kiss on the tip of my nose. "You're my best friend and the best roommate ever. And it's your birthday, can't let you be 21 without a bit of fanfare." He put his hands on my shoulders and steered me over to take a seat at the breakfast bar.

"I'm stunned. You've already done so much with only two day notice." I said, shifting to settle on the chair.

He winked. "Don't underestimate me when I have motivation. We are going to have the best birthday weekend ever and it has to start today, it's your birthday. Your actual birthday."

I rolled my eyes at him and reached for the coffee mug at my plate. "Mmm. Fantastic. You've learned the best way to use that machine you insisted on." I said, sipping the vanilla cappuccino and savoring how it tasted.

"Again, only the best for you." He said, pulling a plate out of the oven and setting it in front of me. "Strawberry chocolate stuffed French toast and crispy bacon."

"Oh..." I breathed, leaning down to smell the deliciousness that was crispy bacon and stuffed French toast. "This looks perfect." I said.

He placed a dish of sliced strawberries near me and reached over to quickly dust my plate with powdered sugar before he let me have it again. "Thank you, mon ami." He leaned on his elbows, watching as I picked up my knife and fork and cut into it.

"Mmm, perfect." I agreed with my earlier declaration.

"Mimosa for breakfast or do we need to wait for Saturday morning for that?"

I considered the offer. "I'm good with my cappuccino." I said. "I'll take another one to go when I'm leaving though."

"On it." He smiled, picking up a piece of bacon and munching on it while I basically bulldozed my way through my food.

"You should eat." I said, words slightly distorted due to the French toast in my mouth.

"Need anything else?"

I shook my head. "This is more than enough." I said, taking a sip of my coffee and swallowing. "Please, eat with me."

"Done." He winked, turning to grab his own plate from the oven. He came around and took the seat next to me. He dug into his breakfast and we talked about past birthday breakfasts while we ate.

"Gotta get ready." I said, apologetically, taking a last swallow of coffee and popping a strawberry into my mouth.

"Okay." He said. "Go on, I've definitely got clean up. It's your birthday, you're not doing anything around here today."

I grinned at him. "Thank you." I said, leaning over and brushing my lips gently against his. "You sure know how to spoil a girl." I said before heading to my room to gather what I needed to shower and get dressed for my day. I came out of the bathroom, pulling my hair back into a tight bun once I was finished.