Chapter 110

I groaned as I dropped down on the couch.

Today was hell.

I'd messed up on the brioche dough, started my period and gotten splashed by a large truck puddle combination on my way home.

I was unprepared to have my period start which was mortifying. Thank god for Tasha though. I felt a surge of love for the Russians in my life. She'd become my bestie at the bakery, and we talked in Russian most of the shifts we worked together. She's the one that noticed and was prepared to loan me what I needed to survive the day.

Which I'd done.

Until the puddle thing happened on the way home.

I was still lightly coated with mud, but I really didn't care right now.

I must have dozed off because the next thing I knew, Cam was waking me up. "Hey, mon ami." I blinked up at him. "What exactly happened? Is this a new spa treatment?"

I rolled my eyes and shifted, wincing as a cramp gripped my abdomen in an attempt to dominate my world with crushing pain. "No." I shook my head. "Got splashed at the corner..."

"Are you okay?" his eyes filled with concern. "You look like you're in pain..."

"Ah well, you, my beloved roomie, are about to have to put up with mean me during one of the worst weeks of my life."

His eyes widened. "Uh oh. How is it that we've been living together for two months and we haven't gone through this yet?"

I smirked. "Had it before we lived together, and it wasn't that bad last time. Plus, you were working night shift which means you never saw me."

"I see. Well, I hope that means we can still do a few things since we both have the next two days off." He toed off his shoes and sat down on the other end of the couch before pulling my feet into his lap and stating to massage my feet.

"Keep doing that and I'm sure we can do something." I smiled. "What did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking Disney and maybe it's time for us to spread our Julia Child wings and manage to attempt Boeuf a la Bourguignon for dinner at some point." He studied me. "Not today, maybe tomorrow."

"Sounds fun. I can sous chef for you." I groaned as his fingers attacked the arch of my foot.

"So, what can I do for you tonight?" He asked, switching feet. "Chocolate, wine... bread?"

"Mmm... tempting. But honestly, I want... no, I need, French fries and beer. Desperately." I wasn't old enough to drink at home, but the legal drinking age was lower in France and we'd been working our way through drinking experiences to see what I would like.

I was going to end up with a well-developed alcohol palate by the time I went home.

"I think we can make that happen. Do you want to go out for it, or would you like me to make a run?" He asked.

"Do you mind? I don't think I want to go out again." I asked, watching him.

"I don't mind. Do you need a heating pad or anything?"

"Not right now. If you're going out to get the requirements, then maybe I'll take a shower."

"Sounds good. Want to Hunger Games marathon tonight?" He grinned at me. "What? I know you, Jess."

"Yeah, you do." I smiled. "And that sounds perfect. French fries, beer, Katniss Everdeen..."

He nodded. "Sounds like a plan. Do you want me to get anything else?"