Chapter 65

I paused halfway through my cinnamon roll. "Oh, my god. I'm the worst girlfriend on the face of the planet." I said, letting my fork drop onto my plate.

Sang raised an eyebrow at me. "What?"

"I totally asked Tony to dinner tonight, last night before bed and then got up this morning and asked you for girl's day/night. I'm horrible." I grabbed my phone and called him, giving her an apologetic look. "Sorry." I said.

"No worries. I know how hard it can be to juggle schedules." She said, continuing to eat her cinnamon roll.

"Hey Love." Tony's voice washed over me.

"Hey. I goofed up big time." I said.

"Oh?"

"I asked you to dinner today before I fell asleep and forgot all about it when I set up a girl's day."

He laughed softly. "It's all right. I was going to call you at lunch and let you know I wasn't going to make it. I thought you'd sleep in today."

"Oh, I totally slept in, for me. But I hit the ground running and needed to call in my resources after your event invitation last night." I said. "I don't have much time to get ready for it." My eyes flashed up and caught Sang looking at me with a curious look on her face.

"Well, that would be all the more reason that I should let you have today anyway. I know there's often a lot involved in finding the perfect look." Tony said.

"Well, okay." I smiled. "See you tomorrow night?" I asked.

"Absolutely. We've got to have our Friday night date." He agreed. "I think there's a free concert somewhere."

"Sounds good." I said before he said he needed to get back to the yard he was working on and we disconnected the call. I tucked my phone away and sighed softly as I took a big bite of my cinnamon roll.

"Doesn't sound like he's too disappointed." Sang said.

I blinked at her and nodded slightly. "No, he's good." I said as I swallowed my food. "He was going to call and let me know he couldn't make it."

She smiled. "Very nice." She commented before taking a sip of her coffee. "So... Academy event?" she asked, tilting her head slightly.

I nodded. "He said it's for Academy aware." I said, studying her before dropping my gaze to my plate and fiddling with the edge of a napkin. "I said I'd go with him." I said defensively.

"I never said anything, Jess." She said, a slight tinge of reproach in her voice. "I was just thinking it could be a lot of fun. North and I are planning on going. So, you don't need to worry about him meeting the entire passel of family."

I looked up at her for a brief moment. "Oh, okay." I said.

"You know Raven, he might be going." She said. "Not sure if we'll be dealing with Kayli or if Corey will go with him." She shrugged. "Might be fun though."

I smirked. "Oh, I hope that little... erm, wench... goes." I said. "Raven and I like to converse in fluent Russian around her. She hates it."

Sang laughed. "Oh, you're such a little rebel." She said. "Do we get to go shopping then?"

"Well, unless I can wear my prom dress..." I shrugged.

"Oh no. Your prom dress was beautiful and you were gorgeous but no." she shook her head. "Gabriel will have a fit if you suggest it. You'll probably need black or at least a deep plum or dark blue." She said.