Chapter 100

A/N: 100!!! Thank you for the love you give to my girl Jessica... and thank you for your patience and I swear, I realize that the gap between chapters doesn't fully support it but I really am trying to get back on a regular writing schedule for this one. I have too many things already planned that I'm anxious to get to. However, I can't do Josh a disservice by moving on too quickly. We need to fully develop him in his relationship with Jess. *kisses*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I studied Raven for a moment before stirring some orange marmalade into my tea and reaching for one of the orange cream cheese kolaches that I'd made for our meeting. "So, you've been pretty busy." I said, speaking in Russian as we always did when we met up.

He shrugged, still chewing on a piroshky. "Nothing unusual." He said, with a grunt.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "We haven't met in almost a month. There's something unusual going on."

His eyes narrowed at me. "I hadn't realized it was that long. I'm sorry, I never meant to leave you alone for that long."

It was my turn to shrug. "It's okay. I had my hands full with my boyfriend being off work and now with his return to work because it's not what he wants to be doing."

Raven grinned. "So, he's grumpy?"

"Extremely." I nodded. "And now there's this awards thing and his dad's going to be there and I'm a little nervous. This feels like so much more than a school dance or an Academy formal gathering."

He reached over and covered my hand with his, giving it a little squeeze. "It is." He said.

"Thanks. That kicked my nerves right back up again."

He frowned. "I'm sorry. I just meant that it's an entirely grown up event to go to without anyone familiar for you, other than your boyfriend. And you have a way about you when it's a job for you, but you won't be working this time. I get nervous. You need a driver."

"Uh, no, there will be no need for a Professional Russian on hand." I shook my head. "I'll be with a bunch of cops, remember?"

He glowered at me. "Wrong." He said, sharply. "You could be in trouble with a bunch of cops as you are with a bunch of strangers. Not everyone is good like your boy." He pointed at me. "You have to be smart and I am willing to be there for you if you need anyone."

I tilted my head and smiled. "You're just hoping someone will need to have their ass put in a slink."

"Sling."

"Same." I teased and he laughed. "I'll keep it in mind. You're sure you don't mind a last-minute call on it?"

He shook his head. "You need me, I'll be there. Just let me know early enough in the day so I can borrow a limo from someone."

"Okay."

"And I might bring Corey along. We'll have date night."

I arched an eyebrow at him. "That's not a fun night." I said. "Corey deserves better."

"No, no... good night. We'll watch movie while we wait for you. Maybe get to go save you from bad cops, it'll be fun."

"Well, I suppose when you put it that way, Corey would be a lot more fun to hang out with than her." I wrinkled my nose.

He smirked and reached over to tap my nose. "Yes, there is that as well." He agreed before laughing.

"You're a nut."

"And you like me."

"I do." I agreed. "You're one of the things I'm going to miss most when I'm in Paris next year."