Chapter 136

I bent over the work table in the diner kitchen, putting finishing touches on an order of cupcakes for the dessert bar at the baby shower I was doing tonight.

It was one of my first brides from a few years ago and we'd had a great time hammering out details on a Grinch themed baby shower. Her baby was due just after Christmas and we'd planned out a hot chocolate bar to go with the coffee bar, three types of cupcakes and assorted decorated Christmas cookies and brownie bites for her dessert bar. I'd been decorating cookies since I stepped back into the kitchen three days after I got home.

"Those are cute."

I looked up after piping the last white pom pom on the very last Santa hat cupcake. "Thanks. I can't wait to see everything all laid out. It was so much fun to plan." I admitted, setting my piping bag aside and hugging Sang when she came over to me.

"It looks like it was a lot of fun." She nodded. "I'm just so happy you're back."

"Me too." I nodded. Although, it had been a couple weeks since I'd returned and I would be 100% legit lying if I didn't admit that I considered ditching everything and going back to Paris and Cam every single morning the moment I woke up.

But then I'd remember the handful of events I'd booked for this week and I'd remember that I was again totally in charge of diner desserts which was one of my favorite things, and I'd shove my runaway thoughts to the back of my mind, get out of bed and get to baking.

"Just wanted to check with you." Sang said, softly.

I looked at her. "Check with me on what?" I raised an eyebrow at her before adding a quick decoration to one of my reject cupcakes and handed it to her.

Luke would just have to get over the fact that I gave away one of his precious rejects.

She took a bite immediately and moaned softly. "So good. And I've missed it..." she mumbled, chewing and swallowing quickly. "Christmas Eve's at our house and I'm toying with the idea of matching pajamas for everyone that's staying over. Just need to make sure you're still the same size." She said, smoothly.

"Oh." I studied her. "Is that all? Just a pajama size?"

"Yes." She blurted.

I smiled. "Yes, I'm the same size but to be honest, go ahead and get them a size bigger. I may as well go for comfort in all pajamas for the foreseeable future."

"Why's that?" She glanced at me before nibbling another bite of the cupcake.

I sighed and shrugged. "I don't think I'm going to date much for a long time. I'm a little worn out about it, honestly."

She chuckled. "You've had what? Three boyfriends over the past five years?"

I bit my lip and shook my head.

"No?"

"Four." I admitted. "Four boyfriends with four failed relationships some of which were it's me not you but also it's you not me and a few mutual breakups with expiration dates from day one." I frowned slightly. "And a two year relationship with a bestie along the lines of roommates with benefits. I probably did more with him than anyone I was actually dating."

"I see."

I rolled my eyes. "No, you don't. it was a choice that we lived with every day and that's literally all I'm going to say about it. I don't want to date right now. If the right guy comes along, maybe. But for now, no." I shook my head at her.

A slight smirk curled her lips up. "Time will certainly tell." She said, mysteriously.

"Whatever, sis." I shook my head at her. "Do you need me to do desserts or anything for Christmas Eve?"