Chapter 132

It had been a long week since the movie premiere.

It felt like it had lasted almost a month.

A month in which I had not seen hide nor hair of my boyfriend.

No kisses. No dates, zilch, nada, nope.

I sighed, washing my hands at the back sink. We'd been turning out tons of croissants this afternoon. Carrie had been experimenting with how they turned out after being frozen and while it wasn't exactly how things were done at the patisserie, I was finding that they were delicately crispy, still flakey and the butter was still all melty in the croissant when it was baked. So, our first update to a pastry process was fully implemented.

We'd be able to spend most of a day making croissants twice a week and not have to worry about them the other five days a week. Which mainly meant that anyone could step into the kitchen and lay out croissants on a baking pan to rise for a few hours and bake them off. Which would be a huge step in the day off situation. Because if we didn't have to make the dough or form the croissants that day, there was just simply less work to handle and it would be easy to be on lower staffing as needed.

My thoughts had gotten away from me, just thinking about croissants. What I'd meant to be thinking about was how much I actually missed Sam this week.

Text messages and video chats were not hugs and kisses.

Never had been, never would be.

Cam was great. He basically treated it like it was my period and was one of the most attentive best roommates ever. He made sure to have my favorites on hand and settled on watching a lot of movies this week. Ladies choice, of course.

It was all due to Serina's movie schedule, that we'd spent any time apart.

They'd had to do a bunch of reshoots that needed to be done out of town so off they'd gone.

The morning after the premiere.

Because the premiere wasn't for the movie she was shooting. No, they'd simply held a premiere here because that's where she was. The premiere was for the movie that she'd shot in LA last year before coming to Europe to film her current movie. They were in the French countryside somewhere. He wasn't able to tell me where exactly.

I'm sure that was a security requirement. But still. Totally sucked if you ask me.

So our night together was ruined by her husband leaving right after the premiere. Then he was unexpectedly taken out of town for the shooting of new scenes.

Thank god I got to talk to both Sang and Raven this week at length. Like hours of talking.

"Jess..."

I looked up to find Cam poking his head into the kitchen. "Hey, Cam, what's up?"

He grinned. "Your boyfriends back and you're gonna be in trouble..." he sang out.

"Hey now, hey now, my boyfriend's back???!!!??!?!?" I sang but shrieked at the end. "Seriously? And I'm not gonna be in trouble."

He laughed. "Serious as a heart attack, my lovely bestie. They're on their way up to the penthouse right now."

"Are there any requests?"

"A proper tea for an American in Paris with a kiss for the bodyguard, I think is what I heard." He said.

"You're a pain in my ass." I said, grinning at him.

"Yes, but what an ass it is..." he popped a pose before laughing at me again as he headed back to the front desk.