Chapter 56

"I'm free."

Tony chuckled. "You sound exhausted though."

"I'm tired." I stretched and groaned softly at the way my back cracked the entire length of my spine. It felt amazing. I just wish my feet could feel amazing right now. I settled back against my pillows. "It's not a bad thing though. I made a decent amount of money, got a few more orders and a couple bookings for parties."

"That's nice for the business." He agreed.

"I earned this tiredness which does make it feel better than exhaustion. I'm not wanting to go anywhere but if you wanted to come over...." I said.

"I can come over." He said quickly.

"Mom ended up taking a fill in shift tonight so you can stay as long as you want." I said softly. "We could watch a movie or two."

"I owe you at least a foot rub." He said.

"Eh, bring ice cream and I'll still watch a couple movies and we can see about the foot rub. I honestly wouldn't say no to it but it's not a requirement." I said.

He chuckled. "So, I think, if I'm stopping for ice cream, then I'll probably be there in about a half hour."

"Works for me. I'll take a quick shower and queue up a couple movies." I said.

"What kind of ice cream do you want?" he asked.

"Where are you going to stop?"

"Wherever you want me to." He countered.

"Oh, good answer. Very good answer." I laughed. "Dairy Queen?" I suggested.

"Perfect."

"Then I'd like a chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard with added peanut butter cups."

"Okay. See you soon, love."

"I'll be waiting." I said before letting him hang up the phone. I headed in to my bathroom and took as long of a shower as I thought I could get away with before getting out of the shower. I clipped my hair up in a loose hold, it was wet and I wasn't going to dry it. I decided we were too early in our relationship for me to tempt the boundaries we hadn't talked about yet by wearing pj's. So, I went easy though, a pair of loose cotton shorts and a sports bra under a loose tank top. I went downstairs to wait for Tony, leaving slightly wet footprints in the carpet as I went down the stairs and Shadow swiftly made her way downstairs in front of me. I grabbed a couple bottles of water and went into the living room, setting up the dvd player with a couple of the movies we'd discussed on our first date. I had just settled into the couch with my feet up on the coffee table when the bell rang and I slowly got up and hobbled my way to the front door, checking out the peep hole before opening the door. "Hi." I grinned at him.

"Hey." He grinned back before walking in when I opened the door wider. I shut it behind him and locked it again. "You do look tired." He commented before I motioned him into the living room.

"Busy weekend." I said, following him in and settling on the couch again as he set the ice cream down and took off the baseball cap he was wearing, leaving it, his wallet and keys on the end table before he came over and settled into the spot next to me.

"Yeah, you earned it." He said, leaning in and capturing my lips gently with his, kissing me with a very sweet hello. "hiya." He murmured against my lips before he pulled back and looked at me.

"Hi yourself." I said. "That was very nice but the ice cream will melt." I teased.

He laughed and handed me my blizzard from the carrier on the table before he grabbed his own. "To a quiet evening at home." He said, toasting me with our ice cream.