Chapter 105

A/N: I know, I know... a new chapter so quickly? I just had a bit to write before I could use something I've been trying and trying to get to use since I wrote it during NaNoWriMo 2018. And it's finally time!! So, I couldn't resist. I'll be working on a different project and a new chapter for one of my other stories for an update this week so since this is a pretty long chapter for me, this should do for a bit. *Hugs* 

I glanced at Raven. "What?" he asked, glancing back at me.

I shrugged. "I appreciate the fact you're driving me to the airport."

He grinned. "You have too much luggage, little bird. North was pleased that I offered to drive you and all the bags so that he could ensure his wife arrives safely at the airport."

I laughed. "True." I glanced in the back of his SUV, still surprised by the fact that I had eight suitcases going to Paris. "I have a lot more stuff than I thought I was going to have." I said, ruefully.

"But all things you'll need."

"All things I need, except you." I said, eyes watering.

He tutted softly. "Don't cry little one." He murmured, shooting a quick glance at me. "We're going to talk every Wednesday." He reminded me.

"Every Wednesday." I nodded, subtly wiping under my eyes. We'd already synced our watches, so to speak.

"And I am on call still as your standby professional Russian. I do have connections. I may not be able to personally take care of the placing of asses in slinks, but I can get someone to you who can handle it."

"Slings!" I grinned at him.

"Same." He shrugged.

I laughed. "It means a lot, Raven."

He nodded, studying me while we were sitting at a stop light. "I know." He finally said before changing the subject. "You didn't tell me what you got for Christmas, little bird."

"I can't believe I forgot that." I smiled before telling him about the baking supplies and new knives that I'd purchased with some of the gift cards I had received early, the new converse from Nathan, the entire line of bath, hair and fragrance things from Gabriel and the new computer from Victor.

"Oh, that reminds me." He interrupted, fishing a flash drive out of his pocket. "This is from Corey." He smiled, handing it over. "He said it's his new firewall and a few other apps you'll enjoy having on the new computer. He talked to Victor to find out the operating system and security that was on the computer for you. He also said that there's a working, interactive model for your future website on it. Says you can make changes that will instantly update to his copy so that he can make sure that everything works the way you want it to."

"That's so sweet!" I said, taking it and putting it in my carryon bag. "I really appreciate all the work he's done for me. I'll give you an extra hug for him."

'I'll make sure to pass it on." He said, smoothly shifting back into asking me about the rest of my presents.

I filled him in on the book shopping spree I'd done on Amazon thanks to Kota, the personalized medical kit from Sean, North and Silas had teamed up to provide me with a few cookbooks that I'd been drooling over for months, the world class chocolate stash that I'd been instructed to hide well by Luke and the entire bath and bed set that I was taking with me as a gift from Owen and Sang. No matter where I ended up living, I was set for bedroom and bathroom furnishing.

"I'm glad they got you taken care of." He said, making the turn into the airport. "I'm sure you'd have no trouble finding things in France but sometimes, things are much more expensive than they are at home so it's a good start for you, saving money on basics so you have a bit more for furniture."