Chapter 51

I didn't have to call mom because, Tony, gentleman that he was, had me home by 11:45. And I was in the house by 11:55. Trust me when I say, there was never a better use of 10 minutes than there was tonight because it was straight up kissing in the driveway.

If I had a diary, there'd just be a big smiley face with hearts for eyes.

Mom merely waved her fingers at me tiredly before she padded off to her bedroom, having waited up to see if I'd call. I bent and scooped up Shadow, tickling her chest as I cuddled her close and she purred in my arms as I went up to my room. I'd made Tony promise to text me when he got home so that I wouldn't worry about him. I settled on my bed, phone nearby and just spent a few minutes stroking my cat and thinking about tonight.

It was a lot of fun.

More fun than I thought I'd ever have again after last year. Tony was different, I was seeing that there was no good comparison to make between him and Zack.

Well, the butterflies were apparently fickle because they fluttered just as much for Tony as they had for Zack.

I just didn't know what that meant.

It may have just been a reminder that I liked being in a relationship.

I let Shadow go when she wanted off the bed and got up, pacing slightly as I pulled the elastic out of my ponytail and let my hair down. I went over to peruse my options for an appropriate outfit for tomorrow. What did one wear to an outdoor concert?

Would it be enough to just wear shorts again and a pretty top or should I actually wear a sundress? I mean, it would be Sunday and all. I worried my lower lip with my teeth as I thought about it some more and pulled a couple dresses and tops out of the closet to be options for choosing. My phone pinged with the incoming message and I went over to read it.

~I'm home. Thanks for tonight.~

I smiled before messaging him back. ~I should be thanking you. It was fun. See you tomorrow.~

~Yes, pick you up at 2:30 again?~

~Sounds great. I'll have a picnic ready to go.  ~ I smiled at my phone and reached over to put it on the charger. He sent a smiley face back as a response and I didn't feel that I had to respond or we'd end up texting all night. I went to wash my face and brush my teeth and got ready for bed.

It was an absolutely fine plan, bed.

Except my brain didn't think so and I tossed and turned until about 4 am before I finally fell asleep.

Stupid overactive brain.

But hey, at least this time, Kota wasn't here waiting for me with a lecture.

Somehow, if he did know about it, I suspected North probably threatened to sit on him if he tried to do anything this time around.

I slept a little later than I'd intended to.

But since it took so long to fall asleep, it was a good thing. I got up, got dressed and went for a run, enjoying it more than usual. It was a good way to clear my head and get my thoughts in order for all I needed to get done today so that I'd be ready to go with Tony at 2:30.

There wasn't much really. I just needed to get a few things baked, cooled and into the freezer for next weekend's booked parties. I was starting to love the idea of baking cakes or cupcakes the weekend before because then it would only be decorating and assembly to be done. But I also wanted to do some quick research. Tony's description of the empanadas sounded an awful lot like pirozhki and I made those a lot for Raven.