Chapter 115

A/N: My Flash Fan Fiction Friday short from a few weeks ago has been inserted into this chapter.  The voice changed to fit the style of the story and a few words have been changed or left out. Please visit 'Flash Fan Fiction and Other Oddities' if you want to read other short one shot glimpses into future life situations for Jessica and the Blackbourne Team with a few appearances by Raven and the Scarab Beetle boys. 

~ ~ ~ 

What wasn't there to love about my life in Paris?

I had an extremely attentive roommate with benefits, an internship that I loved and was learning so much at, the opportunity to visit Disney Paris at will and it was Spring in Paris which meant flowers and rain showers and the opportunity to visit tourist landmarks and just act on the benefits side of that relationship with Cam.

And we took full advantage of it, often meeting in the shadow of the Eiffel tower for a picnic after work just to watch the sunset.

I mean, I guess the sunsets were spectacular... we were often a little too involved with a kiss or two by the time they were happening. Cam's a really great kisser, have I mentioned that at all?

Talk about zing... and butterflies. The butterflies are seriously strong with this one and I wonder just what it all means. If I think about my past boyfriends... I still get butterflies. Shouldn't those have been gone by now?

As much as I love life with Cam and Eiffel, there is something that's not to love about life in Paris.

It's not home.

I miss my mom, Sang and yes, even most of the boys. I also really miss seeing Raven on a weekly basis. Yes, we talk every week for hours. I've been lucky in the fact that Cam usually works an odd shift on Wednesdays and Raven and I take full advantage of his absence, talking via skype for hours in Russian.

I miss the opportunity to make Owen blush when feminine products are on the grocery list for our house. Don't question it. It's just something I've long gotten used to... someone else does our grocery shopping. It's usually Sang now but for a while there, I'm not sure which of us blushed more... me or Owen.

A sharp twinge of pain in my lower body reminded me that I meant to ask Tasha to bring me some tampons at the bakery tomorrow. She lived a lot closer to the box store than I did since she was farther out on the outskirts of town. And had a car. Cam and I walked, rode bikes or rented a car when we needed one since we were so centrally located to both of our jobs. I shot off a quick text and put my phone down, curling up on the couch into my fleece blanket in the hopes of warding off the cramps a bit.

My phone buzzed an hour later with an incoming text.

Cam: So... what kind do you need?

I blinked before my eyes widened as the picture he sent me downloaded. The man was standing... a look of total confusion on his face... in the feminine hygiene aisle at the drug store down the street. ~What are you doing?~

Cam: You asked me to bring tampons.

~Oh. My. God. I'm sorry! I meant to send that to Tasha. Get out of there before someone thinks you don't know what you're doing...~

Cam: News flash, babe... I don't know what I'm doing. And I'm here so what do you want? Bubble gum... cotton candy... lemon... lime or orange?

~What are you talking about?~

Cam: I assume they're flavored or scented... I mean... why so colorful?

~Stop... just... don't. abandon mission and get home ~