Chapter 114

It was easier to ignore the intimacy of our date once we got home again. Without the enticing spell of candles, good music and an overwhelming desire to dance, we fell right back in to just being Jess and Cam.

I made a decision though.

No more dating for the sake of dating. I just didn't want to deal with the inevitable one and done anymore.

The bonus was that Cam and I started doing more stuff together. We went to Disney Paris at least once a weekend, once a week to grab dinner or watch fireworks or parades. We had a picnic at the foot of the Eiffel Tower after taking a bike ride around town just to get there.

And today, we'd just finished up a vineyard tour at a winery and spent most of the afternoon learning how to truly appreciate a fine wine. We probably bought far too many bottles of wine to bring home. But it was with my new-found appreciation for wine that I was in the middle of fixing us something amazing to eat tonight. "Hey..." I called out. "Feel like a Hunger Games marathon tonight?"

"Sounds good. I'll get everything ready to go."

"Great. We can watch the first one while the bread rises." I finished kneading the bread and set it aside, covered with a damp towel next to the stove. I grabbed the open bottle of wine and two glasses before heading in to settle on the couch with him. "Ready if you are." I smiled before pouring two glasses of wine and handing him a glass.

"Great." He grinned at me and dropped down into his seat. His arm dropped into place across my shoulders and I leaned into him as the movie started.

"Hey..." I rested a hand on his stomach after setting my glass aside, having taken a large, fortifying gulp of wine and feeling a slight buzz start in my head.

"Yeah?" His head tilted and he studied me. "What's on your mind?"

I bit my lip for a moment before I decided to just put all my cards on the table. "We've done a rather nice job of avoiding any form of discussion lately."

He sighed. "I ... would have to agree with that observation." He sighed. "I didn't mean to avoid things."

"Me either. It just was comfortable and easy to just fall back into our roomie status, but we did say we'd figure something out, you know?" I looked at him.

"I know. And I swear, I've been trying to come up with ideas."

I smiled, sitting up and shifting so that I was facing him on the couch. "Me too." I reached for my glass and sipped the wine. "This is a really good one." I murmured.

He took a sip of his own. "It's nice..." He nodded. "I think it was one of my favorites today."

I laughed. "Clearly. I mean, we only bought the ones we liked, and we brought home ten bottles but there's only two varieties." I teased.

He grinned, taking another sip. "Fair enough." He toyed with the stem of his glass. "I guess the first thing we need to nail down is... that we're both in this together and on the same page."

"Tell me the book and I'll flip right to it." I stated.

His lips tilted up in an adorable smile. "So...you're in."

"I'm ... yeah. I'm in." I smiled. "What do you have in mind so far?"

"Well, I know how important it is to you that we don't risk our current relationship because one, we own this place together and still have a good year and a half to live here and two, the emotional stability of our furbaby." He started.

"Yes, by all means, Eiffel is at the very top of my list to be concerned about." I quipped. "As well as your first point. Is it wrong of me to assume that you are also interested in ensuring that they both remain completely in place as well?"