Chapter 18

We ended up needing to bowl 3 games just to have a winner. He matched me frame by frame until finally in the last frame of the last game, I managed to distract him just enough that he ended up with a spare instead of a strike in the final frame.

"YES!" I crowed, jumping up and down. "I won..."

He rolled his eyes at me. "A little gracious winning would be nice." He said before laughing and wrapping me up in his arms. "Congratulations." He dropped a kiss lightly on my lips.

"Thanks." I smirked at him. "A cooking class or a paint your own ceramics session?" I teased as he made a face and put me down. We grabbed our bowling balls and put them away before swapping shoes for our real footwear.

"Neither." He said, reaching for my hand and turning his so that his fingers slid between mine in some form of finger military precision. He gave my hand a squeeze. "Whatever you want." He said.

"Whatever?" I asked. "Anything at all that I want to do?"

He turned to face me and nodded. "Anything, Jess."

I smiled at him and stretched up slightly on tiptoe to kiss him. "I'll keep it in mind that you are tolerant to a certain extent."

"Thanks."

~ ~ ~ ~~ ~

I yawned and ran my hand through my hair before pulling up into a bun as I got ready for bed. Zack hadn't texted yet which probably meant he was still on his way home but that was okay, my arms hurt from bowling 3 games.

I still had my French homework to do but that was actually one of my easiest classes. Languages came pretty quick for me. Probably thanks to Owen and the way he used to teach me the languages he was studying when he used to babysit me. I pursed my lips and pulled on my sleep shorts. I'd never gotten him to teach me Russian yet. Maybe I'd have to put that on my to do list. It wouldn't hurt to have another language under my belt. Spanish and French were my two fluent languages. But Russian would be fun. I mean, who knows if someday I might need to hire someone that only spoke Russian.

I'd need to communicate with my workers.

Right.

Yes.

Foreign languages as a means to communicate for my future peeps. I laughed softly and went to take my contacts out. I slid my glasses on my nose and brushed my teeth. Gabriel would be totally mad at me if he knew I regularly use my eyeliner to write notes on my mirror.

Eh.

He'd get over it.

I kept my toothbrush between my teeth and cheek and reached for the eyeliner to write a note. LEARN RUSSIAN joined the list on the mirror, right under PERFECT A DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE.

I had my priorities in order.

I'd already crossed off MAKE OUT WITH AMAZING KISSER.

Then again... it was actually just best that my mom never came upstairs. When I said, I took over Kota's space? I meant it. It was mine, just as it had been his. I was responsible for all the laundry and cleaning in my room and bathroom. And earlier today, she'd basically said I should get ready for prom downstairs in my old room which meant hair and makeup would be also done down there. No one was ever going to see my list.

I smirked at myself and finished brushing my teeth. I'd just rinsed the final time when my phone buzzed with an incoming text. I turned off the bathroom light and scooped my phone up as I headed to bed.

~just got home, beautiful. Thanks for a fun time tonight~

I smiled. ~It was a lot of fun. Call me? ~

~rain check?  One of the guys needs my help. ~

I tilted my head and studied my screen for a long moment. ~Of course. Are you coming to the diner for brunch tomorrow? ~

~I'll let you know. This could take a while. Dinner at 4? ~

~yes. You can come over earlier if you want. I'll be home at 1. ~

~Okay beautiful. Sleep tight. ~

I pursed my lips. To be honest I don't know why I did it but I sent him back a smilie face and a 'Stay Safe' message. He didn't message me again so I put the phone on the charger and found my Kindle. I thought about reading for a while but decided to spend time online instead, searching out ideas and recipes for chocolate cakes that I could experiment with. I wasn't in pastry classes yet but I wanted to have an awesome chocolate cake up my sleeve for someday. It would be my trade secret.

My featured cake at my future bakery and something that would be sure to win me any baking contests.

I found a few ideas on Pinterest and pinned them. I was hoping to sweet talk Luke or Uncle into letting me work on my recipe creation at the diner this week.

Heh.

Sweet talk Luke. That wouldn't be hard at all. It was cake and chocolate. Of course, Luke would let me do anything I wanted if it included chocolate.

And if it was good enough, Uncle might put it on the dessert special. I smiled and stifled a yawn as I continued to look for ideas. I lost track of time because who wouldn't lose track of time looking at dessert pictures? I managed to turn the app off before I fell asleep, falling asleep quickly.