PART 9

Shiva got out of the bed after making sure that his children and wife were asleep and sat on the bed as many thoughts were running in his head. He was not so fond of his wife but he was really concerned seeing her like that and also the sad faces of his children reminded him that it's important to take care of her.

Even from their childhood, Meenakshi was a very obedient and submissive girl. Meenakshi never fought or raised her voice against anyone . She always obeyed everything which was told to her.

Everything felt normal to Shiva until Sudha entered their house as his brother's wife. The way they would glance at each other secretly in everyone's presence, the way his brother winks and the way Sudha blushes seeing his brother, the way his brother secretly gives flowers to his wife, the way Sudha excitedly opens the door to welcome him, everything about them reminded him what all he was missing.

He hated his wife because of their child marriage. He knew how beautiful she was but he hated their marital life as it started on a very weak foundation. The first time he saw her on their wedding beside him, he was mesmerized by her big innocent eyes which were filled with unshed tears and those unshed tears looked like stars to him. But his trance broke the moment he was told to fill her hair partition with the sindoor.

He decided to bully her so that she can go back to where she came from but he didn't know that she didn't have anywhere to go.

As they grew older, he understood that she was an orphan and had nowhere to go and also stopped bullying but he never completely accepted her as his wife.
He felt they were a misfit. He wanted an educated wife and not someone who never went to school. Unknown to him, Meenakshi was a bright student and always stood first in her class. When her father was alive, he made sure to give her a proper education but unfortunately, he died after her 5th class.

She was excited to go school for her 6th class and bought many pens as students were allowed to use pens only from their 6th class and using pens was her dream. But unfortunately, her father passed away and her dream to join 6th class was never fulfilled.

But as she was still an innocent child, she asked her father in-law about going to school but her father in-law asked her to never ask anything like that and only focus on her responsibilities as a daughter in-law.

Her grandmother in-law who believes that husband should be treated like God by the wife brainwashed the little girl and made her completely devote herself to her husband and his family.

After her mother's death, her father treated her like a glass doll and never remarried in the fear of stepmother abusing her. She was her father's little princess and his first priority. His death made her life upsidedown.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.