EPILOGUE

Ten Years Later

Meenakshi's POV

I studied with my husband's guidance and finally became a S.G.T teacher in a government school at the age of 43. My children arranged a surprise party for my achievement. My eldest son who is now 23 years is doing M.S. in surgery. My second son Ajay who is 21 just graduated from his law college and is studying to become a judge while my youngest son, Adarsh who is 19 is doing pursuing engineering. Our ten year old little daughter who is in her third grade wants to become an International Taekwondo champion and a couple of months back she earned her green belt.

Sudha and Surya are working as teachers and they have two beautiful children, a babyboy and a babygirl. They shifted to Hyderabad and are currently staying a few blocks away from us while my mother in-law and father in-law are in the village and would visit us sometimes but didnt want to permanently shift here. My father in-law who was not very fond of babygirls, now doesnt know how to stop gushing over his granddaughters. He never misses a chance to pamper to them. My mother in-law is a changed person now but deep down I still couldn't forget how behaved with me. My grandmother in-law who is currently 87 years old is still fit and healthy and doesn't stop praising us and her upbringing.

My brothers are married and are blessed with beautiful children and my aunt and uncle couldn't ask for anything more. They never miss any chance to pamper me and my kids and knowing my love for jewellery, my aunt gifts me gold for every occasion.

The celebrations went well. It was a surprise party and also a last moment idea but still my children managed it well. Everything went well but my husband who was not just my husband but also a torturous teacher all these years is very happy about my achievement but still it didn't stop him from saying "The marks are good but still you should have done better." I was furious and decided to give him silent treatment. Understanding he had offended me he said, "I know you are angry but trust me you could have really scored better if you only concentrated on studying instead of shopping." I was fed up with his "You could have done better" comment and just let go of the issue. I know this quality of his would never change.

Years Later

When Shiva is 60 years old

My childhood home was reconstructed and now it is decorated for the wedding. I was excited for the wedding. It was my children's plan. I sat beside my husband and looked at him, I remembered the first time I saw him as a 13 year old grumpy boy. I couldn't believe the same grumpy boy would become the world's best husband.

My grandchildren surrounded us while my sons and their wife's were busy recieving the guests. My busy daughter is now preparing for Olympics and just came home to attend our Shashtipoorthi.

I couldn't stop smiling at all. My children, their families, my brothers, their families, Rahul Anna and his family, Ramya Akka and her family, Sudha and Surya along with their children. My heart filled with joy seeing everyone present on our special occasion.

I just couldn't ask for a better life.

THE END

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.