PART 73

Meenakshi's POV

Days were passing without any real problems and the only problems I had to face everyday are the maths problems. I liked maths as a kid but now I hate it the most. I don't know if it's because the subject deserves the hate or it's just because of my lack of desire to learn. My husband prepared a time table for me and I was supposed to follow it. But it's not like he would know if I didn't study so I studied only when I wanted to study and only what I wanted to study. But in the night time, he would teach me new concepts and also ask me questions from the topics I have studied in the daytime and sometimes he would really go extreme and conduct surprise tests.

We went to our village to meet our family few times on the weekends but didn't stay there for more than two days as my husband didn't want our children to miss their classes. But as my inlaws was missing our children, I requested them to stay with us for few days. My mother in-law and grandmother in-law agreed but my father in-law denied saying that he has a lot of work in the farm.

I wanted to take care of them and make sure nothing makes them uncomfortable as they aren't familiar staying in a city. The first two days were all fine. Even though they didn't seem to like the idea of having a maid they didn't say anything.

But on the third day, I didn't wake up on time because I didn't sleep well in the night as I was crying all night because he scolded me for not studying well. I got 23 marks out of 100 in the surprise test and as if the surprise test wasn't enough he corrected the paper on spot. He didn't even console me after scolding me and slept without any care in the world which made me even more depressed.

I went to the kitchen after getting ready to prepare the breakfast for my children as they would work really hard in the Karate class. But my husband was already there in the kitchen making their breakfast. Seeing me in the kitchen, he caught my waist with his left hand and pulled me towards him and kissed me but I tried to push him and said, "Don't touch me. I still remember how you scolded me last night. Now don't act all lovey - dovey." To which he replied, "So much attitude! Just because I'm being nice to you doesn't mean I forgot what you did last night. How much did you score? 23?!! You should be glad that I didn't punish you last night. This time if you don't score well, you will see my worst side." I was shocked with his warning but he simply ignored me and started cutting the vegetables while I was observing how his arms which were moving while working forgetting about my inlaws presence in the house.

I was enjoying looking at him when I suddenly heard my grandmother in-law shouting, "What are you doing in the kitchen?" To which I immediately turned around and she glared at me and said, "Why is my grandson working in the kitchen? Why are you standing like a statue and doing nothing? I'm seeing you from the day I came here. You are doing nothing. Just sitting and eating. Shameless girl!" Instantly tears filled my eyes and my husband caught my elbow and pushed me behind his back and said, "Nanamma! You can't talk to my wife in this manner. I wouldn't tolerate anyone disrespecting her." To which his grandmother said, "Why should not I not say anything? You work all the day and teach in the college and now you are even working at home while your wife just lazily sits all the day and does nothing. She is behaving like she owns the world. Why does she need a maid? Is she some queen or what? Can't she do the basic chores?" To which my husband said, "Nanamma! I'm telling you for the last time. Don't disrespect my wife. She didn't hire the maid. I was the one who hired the maid. If you want, scold me but not a word against my wife. She is may not be a queen of some kingdom but she is the queen of this house and my life." To which she turned towards me and said, "We made you our daughter in-law and raised you when everyone abandoned you and this is how you repay us, by provoking my grandson against me" To which my husband said, "I thought you want to spend time with my children But no. You want to create drama. If my sons witness your behaviour, they aren't going to like it and will definitely hate you and you know who else will not tolerate this behaviour?"

My grandmother in-law angrily went to their room followed by my mother inlaw while I was staring at their backs. My husband said, "Enough with your staring session today. Come let's cook." He was sincerely cooking without talking and I said, "Why are behaving like this? She is just angry seeing you work in the kitchen. It's new for her. She did this because she loves you. You can't talk to her like this. It's her first time coming here and staying with us and now you hurt her. Now see she is thinking that I'm provoking you against her and she hates me now." To which he said, "You should not care about all these. I know my grandmother very well and I also know how to handle her. You should just use your brain for studying and not get into this drama. Eat on time and just study. Tonight I'll take another test and if you don't score well, you will be punished." To which I replied, "Tonight I'll select the subject. Why should you decide all the time. I'll write Telugu exam tonight. Why should it always be your choice?"

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.