PART 71

Meenakshi's POV

I wanted to stay at home and spend my time without doing anything but my children convinced me that it's important to wear a new dress on birthdays and asked me to buy a birthday dress.

So, all of us came out for shopping. I selected a saree and also a readymade blouse as we didn't have time for stitching. After buying the saree, we went to the kid's section to buy clothes for our kids. But what caught my attention was a beautiful baby pink colour frock and I went to the girls section and started admiring the clothes for babygirls.

My husband followed me to the girls section and I showed the frock to my husband and and, "See how beautiful these frocks are! Boys clothes are boring. If we had a girl child, we could have bought beautiful clothes and dress her up." After shopping he asked me to sit in the car with the kids while he went to pay the bill. Later, we went to a nearby restaurant for a meal and later he took us to a movie theatre as our kids wanted to watch a movie. I was thrilled to go inside as I have never seen a movie in a theatre but as I entered the movie theatre, it was very dark and scary. I wanted to run outside but as I movie got started, I got immersed in the movie and laughed wholeheartedly. By the end of the movie, we walked out of the theatre holding our stomachs.

After we reached home, he took the kids inside their room while I stood outside their room waiting for them.
I knocked the door as I was curious to know what was going but they didn't open the door and my husband asked me to wait. After waiting for them for almost an half an hour my husband opened the door and gave me a full fledged smile and asked me to go inside saying that he has a surprise for me.

Going inside the room, I saw my three sons in frocks which made me surprised. My children looked embarrassed wearing the frocks and said "Amma! Nanna asked us to wear this to surprise you. Did you like it?" To which I smiled and combed their hair properly and clicked few photos in my mobile and asked them to change as I know that they were uncomfortable in those frocks.

After they went to change their clothes, I turned towards my husband said, "I said I want a daughter not my son's wears frocks." To which he replied, "Yea but we can't have a daughter instantly so I made them wear those frocks." To which I replied, "Not instantly. We are trying from years but still I'm not getting pregnant. You are not even wearing condoms. Then, why am I not getting pregnant." To which he said, "Leave it. First you should concentrate on your studies. We can have another child after you write your tenth exams." To which I said, "Ok. I'll wait. But why am I not getting pregnant. Did you do something?" To which he said, "What is the formula of (a + b)2?" To which I stayed silent and he continued, "What is the area of square? What is the area of rectangle?" I didn't expect these sudden questions and he said, "You can't answer these simple questions but you want to get pregnant. First you should study well and get good marks."

Seeing my silence, he said, " Leave it. Now tell me what the birthday girl wants to do." To which I ignored him and sat on the sofa glaring at the floor. To which he lifted my chin and, "Why are you angry now?" To which I swatted his hand away and went inside our bedroom and opened my book and sat on the bed.

My husband followed me to our bedroom and sat beside and said, "Do you want any help?" To which I said, "No need. I can solve it on my own." I started solving the problems but then I felt my husband suddenly saying, "What is this? Didn't I say that -*- is +?" He took the book from my hand and corrected my mistakes.

Seeing me glaring at him he said, "Not bad. You are improving." To which I replied, "You always talk about studies. Didn't you say that I don't have to study today? " To which he replied, " I didn't ask you to study. You are the one sitting here with a book. I was just trying to guide you. " To which I replied, " No. I opened the book because you were asking me formulas. Do think it's appropriate to ask such questions today? " To which he replied, "Fine. It's my mistake. Now happy. " To which I said, " Okay. But tell me why am I not getting pregnant." To which he said, "Not again. You will become pregnant after your tenth exams and don't ask anymore questions." To which I said, " Fine. I won't ask anything."

As we were talking our children came to our room after freshening up and wearing their newly bought clothes and said, "Amma! Nanna Go get ready. We should celebrate your birthday now." We both freshened up and wore the saree we bought today and wore the necklace my brothers gave me and came out of the room. My children said that I looked beautiful and clicked my pictures and gave me hand made cards and also a common present wrapped in blue. I was surprised to see a make up kit and Ajay said, "Amma! It's my idea. I'm the one who suggested it. I know girls like make up. Did you like it.? " To which I said, " Yes. I like it. But I don't know how to wear make up. " To which Vijay said, " Amma! Don't worry. I can do it for you. " To which I suspiciously looked at him and said, " But how do you know about make up. " To which Vijay said, " Amma! I don't know. But I'll do it watching on youtube."

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.