PART 76

Meenakshi's POV

I was shocked with his answer and finally understood why I never got pregnant after Adarsh. I didn't know that he was this desperate to not become a father while I was completely desperate to become a mother. I wish that I understood his fears and didn't cheat him by not taking the pills.

I was also angry on him for not informing me anything and doing whatever he want and said, "Why did you lie about going to Kerala? You could have simply told me the truth." To which he replied, "I just didn't want you to be worried" which angered me as I wanted him to share everything with me and said, "You always do whatever you want. You never share anything with me. Years back didn't understand why you suddenly stopped using condoms. I never knew about your vasectomy and now suddenly you are saying about the reversal surgery." To which he replied, "Fine. I'll tell you everything from now on. But first take care of me. It hurts a lot" which made me feel extremely guilty and said, "Wait! I'll call Rahul Anna. He will do something about your pain." To which he said, "No need. I just need you to sit here and make me forget about the pain."

I forgot that I came to the hospital with my aunt and uncle and just sat near my husband narrating him about what all I and our children did in his absence.

As we were talking to each other, Rahul Anna barged into the room along with my aunt and uncle saying, "Meena! Your aunt and uncle are here." They were shocked seeing my husband on the bed and asked what had happened to him which made my husband embarrassed and he diverted the topic. After few formalities we went to our home while my aunt and uncle also accompanied us.

My brothers came home along with our kids. They were excited to see their father and when heard about him being unwell they checked his temperature but it was normal so they started asking questions. I love my children but their curiosity sometimes is very hard to deal with but I managed to convince them saying that their father had a silent fever and they should not trouble him.

Shiva's POV

I was relieved after the kids were convinced orelse they wouldn't stop asking questions. I know that nothing is wrong with my operation but I also don't want to tell anyone in my family about my operation. Generally women undergo such surgeries and I was not sure how my family would react to the operation.

As I was resting on the bed and eating an apple, Shekhar uncle came to the room and sat infront of me and said, "Shiva! You are just like my son. You don't have to hide anything from me. Tell me! Why were you in the hospital? Did something happen?"

I was surprised seeing the way he was talking to me and somehow felt amused seeing the very tough elderly man talking to me like I was a little boy while he continued, "I know that  you are hiding something from us. You just tell me I'll handle the situation. We will consult the best doctors. I'll make sure nothing happens to you. Just tell me."

I felt guilty for making him worried and confessed about the operation which made me shocked and said, "What? You want children again? Are three children not enough for you. Do you want my daughter to bear the labour pains again and again." To which I said, "Uncle! Your daughter is the one who wants more children." To which he said, "No wonder our country's population doesn't stop growing."

Meenakshi's POV (I Year Later)

I sat infront of the dressing table while Shruthi and Sudha were helping me get ready for my Seemantham (Baby Shower). Usually Seemantham is celebrated by the future mother's parents for the first pregnancy but that didn't happen in my case as my maternal family wasn't present in my previous pregnancies. So, now they decided to celebrate. I was excited about the celebrations but didn't expect to again recieve Gold  Jewellery from my family. My mother in-law who was trying to mend our relationship also gave me beautiful gold bangles.

As the ceremony started everyone blessed me and the best part was my children dancing with Aradhya to various songs and also dragging everyone to dance with them.

At the end of the night after everyone slept, my husband came to my room and started massaging my feet which I was habituated from the past few months. The past few months changed our lives in many ways and the number one change is that my husband convinced our children to not sleep in our room saying that they may unknowingly swing their arms and may harm the baby. So, they would just spend some time with me and talk to their little sibling in the nights and go back to sleep in their rooms. I got 74 % in my B.A. first year but due to my pregnancy he wasn't strict with me at all and didn't scold me for my results but said that he would be strict after the delivery and would make sure that I get good marks as if 74% was not a good percentage.

The next day after the baby shower, he asked me to sit in the car and started driving the car, I was observing the surroundings and seeing the surroundings I understood that we were going in the direction of our village. He stopped near a registration office and asked me to follow him and then sign some documents. He asked me to not read anything and sign wherever he says.

Later, he said that he has a surprise for me and to not ask anymore questions and just follow him. To my surprise ge stopped the car infront of the milk booth which was previously my home and asked me to read the documents. I was surprised to seeing that he bought my old home and registered it in my name.

I was happy but was also worried about our financial condition but he said, "Don't worry. I just took a personal loan. I'm not doing anything which would spoil our financial condition. I just bought it and would rebuild it according to your wish whenever we could afford." To which I said, "What was the need? How much did it cost?" To which he said, "Nothing much. Only a little."

Our neighbours surrounded us in few minutes and started praising my husband and said, "You are very lucky Meena. Your husband bought your own home for you. The old owner demanded much more than the market price knowing that your husband desperately wants it."

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.