PART 70

Meenakshi's POV

After satisfied with admiring myself with the necklace, I got into the bed only to realise that my husband was observing me all along and said, "I didn't know you love jewellery." To which I felt like he was mocking me and he continued, "I thought you don't like jewellery and like being simple. If you like why don't you wear." I was angered with his question and said, "Because I don't have any." To which he replied, "What! There are many ornaments in our home." To which I said, "Yes. But they are not mine. They belong to your mother and grandmother." To which he didn't say anything and I turned my back towards him and closed my eyes. I opened my eyes when I felt his hand on my stomach and pulled me towards him and hugged me saying, "I'm sorry."

In the morning, I woke up to see Vijay and Ajay were getting ready for the Karate class while my brothers Akhil and Nikhil were still sleeping while my husband was scolding Adarsh for not getting ready for the Karate class. Seeing me, Adarsh ran towards me and cried.

Before I could say anything, my husband dragged my son towards the washroom and threw water on his face which made my son cry loudly.
I hugged my son and tried to console him but he didn't stop crying. Seeing his no stop crying I said, "Why are you being so strict? He is just six years old." To which my husband ignored me and turned towards my son and seriously said, "If you don't stop crying, I'll send you back to our village and there you cry as much as you want."

My son silently wiped his tears and got ready and went to the class along with his brothers. After they went to the class my husband caressed my cheek and said, "Why did you get up now? Come let's sleep. It's not even five." To which I ignored his question and said, "Why are you always behind our son? I don't like seeing him cry!" To which he replied, " Even I hate seeing him cry but it's for his own good. He is just a kid and we can't always bend to his wishes. Sometimes it's important to be strict." To which I didn't say anything and he said, "You don't worry about him. After coming back he will be showing off  his kicks and act like he is a karate champion."

He again continued, "Forget about him. Let's go to our room now and sleep." To which I said, "Why do you want to sleep again?Don't you want to go for running?" To which he replied, "Do I look like someone who would leave his wife alone on her birthday?" To which I said, "Yes!" To which he hovered over me and my breath stopped when his lips were almost touching mine and I closed my eyes expecting him to kiss me but just before his lips could touch mine he said, "No. I'll not leave you even for a second today" and kissed me.

Later, the kiss became more intense leading us to get intimate. Realising that it was almost the time for our kids to come back, I went to have shower but my husband followed me there too leading us to do a lot more things than just showering.

After getting ready, I hurriedly went out of our room followed by my husband only to see my brother in the living room with our children and as soon as they saw us Adarsh rushed towards me and said, "Amma! Why did you lock the room? What were you doing in the room? I'm knocking but you are not opening the door." To which I was shocked and didn't know what to say and my husband said, "First you should freshen up after coming home and not disturb your mother." But my son ingnored him and asked me to pick him up which I gladly did.

Later, my brothers left saying that they had meeting. They both left their software jobs and started their own company. My aunt and uncle want Akhil to get married but he said that he would only get married after my uncle completely recovers. But I felt like he was just trying to avoid marrying.

Our children were shocked when my husband asked them not to go to the school and my husband said, "Don't be shocked. Today is your mother's birthday and she would be happy if you are with her all the day." To which Adarsh replied, "Yes Nanna. We should also throw a big party and invite everyone." To which I said, "No need for all these. I'm not a child to celebrate birthdays." To which my husband said, "Even adults can celebrate birthdays." To which I replied, "Yes, they can but what's the need of throwing parties." To which my husband said, "Then, how do want your birthday to be celebrated." To which I said, "Nothing. Let's just spend our day together in our home." To which my husband said, "That we will. But tell me what all you want to do today." To which Adarsh said, "Amma! Let's go to Ocean Park today and also eat biryani." To which my husband stopped Adarsh and said, "Today is your Amma's birthday, not yours. She should decide and we should just do whatever she wants." To which I said, "Let's just stay home and do nothing. I won't even touch a book today." To which my husband said, "Wow. So much dedication to not study! Where does your dedication go when studying?" To which Ajay said, "Nanna! Today is Amma's birthday. You can't scold her today" which made me smile but Vijay interrupted saying, "Yes Nanna. You can't scold her today. But you can scold her tomorrow" which made me shocked as I wasn't expecting my son to give such ideas to his father.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.