PART 63

Meenakshi's POV

After we had our breakfast, my husband accompanied Shanthi aunt and Aradhya for the wedding. Meanwhile I and Sudha got busy with cooking. After they came back, my husband revealed to everyone that he won't be able to come home for a month which shocked everyone. My mother in-law started crying saying, "Didn't you say that you would come home every week? What is this now? You are going nowhere."

To which my husband said, "Amma! Please! I'll video call you everyday and talk to you." To which my father in-law said, "Let him go. It's not like he is going forever. It's just for a month. Later, he will apply for transfer and come here." To which my husband said, "Nanna! I don't intend to come here. I want to stay in Hyderabad itself. It has better opportunities. It's also good for the children's future."

To which my father in-law said, "What! You want to seperate my grandsons from me. I won't let that happen. My grandsons are doing well here. They don't need any more opportunities." To which my mother in-law gave me a accusatory look and said, "Is your wife forcing you to say all these? I know that she is not like what she looks like. She pretends to be obedient but is as cunning as a fox." To which Shanthi aunt said, "What is wrong with you Vadina? It's been two decades! Even after these many years, you never understood her. Does she look like someone who would do all these? Shiva is the one who wants to stay in Hyderabad. It has nothing to do with Meena. If you want to say something, say that to Shiva not Meena."

To which my mother in-law didn't say anything but my husband said, "Leave it aunt. My mother would never change. If anything happens against her wish, she just blames my wife. If my wife was really cunning, she wouldn't be living today." To which my father in-law said, "Shut up Shiva! Is this how you talk about your mother?" To which my husband said, "How am I supposed to talk to a woman who leaves no chance to hurt my wife?" To which my mother in-law said, "What hurt? What did I do to your wife that hurt you so much? We gave her a life after everyone abandoned her. I literally raised her. But what did I get? This ungrateful witch wants to seperate my son and grandsons from me."

To which my husband said, "Really Amma! When did you raise her? Amma! Forget about raising her, you literally used her like a slave and abused her both physically and emotionally. I was also an idiot for not seeing her scars. But I never expected my mother to be so cruel. I worshipped you all my life Amma! But you were abusing my wife behind my back. Not to forget you asked me to remarry but still she never said a word to me."

To which Shanthi aunt gasped and said, "Remarry! Really Vadina! You want Shiva to remarry." To which my mother in-law tried to say something but Shanthi aunt stopped her and said, "What more do you want to say Vadina?! I was busy with my family and didn't pay much attention here but I never expected you to stoop so low. Don't you feel ashamed at all. She was the one who took care of you after your heart operation. She even cleaned you when you were in coma. Which daughter in-law these days does that without complaining. I have never seen someone so ungrateful like you."

My husband looked upset and said, "I'm so done with this house. I'll leave now. I'll come back after a month and take my wife and children from here and will never come back." He furiously went to our bedroom while I stood in the same spot trying to absorb what has happened. Shanthi aunt rushed inside our room while Sudha tapped me on my shoulder and said, "Akka! Go inside. Bava looks very upset. Try to calm him down."

Later, I went to our bedroom to see my husband talking to Shanthi aunt. Realising that I came to the room, Shanthi aunt said, "Didn't I say that you should inform me if you have a problem here." To which I didn't say anything and she continued, "Leave it. Atleast talk to your husband properly. You both are not kids anymore. You are in your 30's now. If you can't take a stand for yourself at this age, how would you raise your children?" and went out of the room.

Seeing my husband laying on the bed and staring at me, I sat near him on the bed and caught his hand but he didn't say anything, so I placed my head on his chest and hugged him. He immediately tightened the hug and said, "You don't have to stay here for long. Just wait for a month and you will be free from all these." To which I said, "I don't mind being here. I just don't want you to fight with your family because of me. I don't want to break the family." To which he said, "You are also my family. I don't want our children to grow up in this toxic environment where their mother is not respected. They already witnessed my mother talking about me marrying again. I already expected all these and sent the children out to play. Do you think they would like to witness their mother being called as a witch. This is not an ideal environment for them" and got up from the bed and started packing his luggage. I stood behind him and hugged him tight and cried saying, "I don't want you to go. Please! Don't go. How could I stay away from you for so long?" He turned towards my side and said, "Just one month and I'll never go anywhere without you" and pecked me on my lips.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.