PART 51

Meenakshi's POV

I was already scared of pregnancy as I didn't want to do what the couple did in the video. But I knew that I can't avoid this for a long time.

Few days later, our neighbour, Susheela aunt invited us to their daughter(Madhavi)'s baby shower. That was not my  first time attending a baby shower but seeing Madhavi with a pregnancy belly and a huge smile on her face made me very excited. My mother in-law said grandmother in-law talked to her about pregnancy and she even mentioned about the baby kicking. Seeing her happiness, even I wanted to become pregnant.

I was in a good mood after coming back from the function and as usual got busy in the kitchen as usual but I didn't observe that my grandmother in-law was upset.

As soon as my husband came home she said, "We went Madhavi's baby shower today. She just got married a year back and now she is pregnant. What about you? When will you give me a great grand child?" To which my husband looked frustrated but didn't say anything and started to go to our room. Seeing him ignoring her, my father in-law said, "Shiva! Didn't you hear what grandmother is asking?" To which my husband said, "I already said that I don't want to have children now." To which his grandmother said, "Then when do you want to have children? Will you have children only if I die?" To which my husband rudely said, "You always talk about dying but you never die!"

I didn't know why but I suddenly had I urge to laugh out loud listening to my husband but controlled myself as I didn't want to offend anyone but the next moment my father in-law slapped my husband and said, "You dare to talk to my mother like this!" I thought he would stop with one slap but to my horror he didn't stop and hit him with bamboo stick. My mother in-law and grandmother in-law tried to stop him but he dragged my husband to another room and locked it. I was hoping my husband to fight back but he didn't and let his father drag him to the room.

We were scared and within a couple of minutes my father in-law came out of the room and said, "He became very stubborn. He isn't even making a sound after I hit him."

My husband didn't talk to anyone and went to our room. He even ignored his grandmother. My mother in law and grandmother in-law tried to go to the room but he locked the door.

He didn't even come out of the room for dinner. No one ate and everyone went to their rooms to sleep but I could hear my mother in-law fighting with my father in-law.

As it was late at night even I wanted to rest and knocked the door but he didn't open it  but I didn't stop knocking. Frustrated he opened the door and said, "What do you want? Why are you
here?"

To which I said, "It's already very late." But he didn't let me complete and said, "So what?" To which I said, "I came here to sleep." Realising that even I stay in the same room, he moved aside giving me space to get inside and locked the door.

Seeing that he was struggling to sleep I said, "Are you hurt?" To which he chuckled and said, "There is an ointment near the mirror. Give that to me." I gave the ointment to him but he was struggling to apply it on his back so I said, "Can I apply?" To which he gave me the ointment and laid on his stomach. Seeing his back covered with so many scars I couldn't hold back my tears and seeing me cry he said, "Will you apply now or should I wait for you to complete your crying session?" Listening to him I immediately started applying the ointment.

I thought he would atleast hiss but he didn't and behaved as if  it didn't bother him at all. After applying the ointment, I laid back on the bed beside him and just stared at him. As I was staring at him, she suddenly turned to my side and said, "Why are you staring?" To which I said, "Why don't you want children?" To which he said, "Now you don't start it again. I already said that I'm not ready for children and I know that even you are not ready for children." To which I felt offended and sat up and said, "I'm ready for children." To which he too laughed and said, "Really! You didn't even know how children were made untill I a month back and now you are ready for children." To which I said, "I'm really ready." To which he said, "Ok. But I'm not ready for children but I'm ready for the process of making children." I understood what he said and immediately turned my back towards him and covered myself with the blanket.

The next day, he apologized to his grandmother and she forgave him. But he didn't talk to his father and even when his father talked to him, he
didn't say anything.

After everyone had their breakfast and left for their destinations, I went to our room and used a pillow to fake a pregnancy bump and saw myself in the mirror. I loved seeing myself pregnant and adored my fake baby bump. But then I heard my husband saying, "What are you doing?" To which I was shocked as I didn't expect him to be home. I immediately removed the pillow and tried to go out of the room but he stopped me and said, "What are you doing?" To which I said, "Nothing. I was just cleaning the room" and continued, "What are you doing here? Don't you have college today?" To which he said, "I didn't go."

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.