PART 64

Meenakshi's POV

I hugged him tighter not wanting to leave him but he removed my arms around him and said, "Don't be stubborn now. Just take care of yourself" and just then our kids came home saying, "Nanna! Uncle just called us home saying that you would leave now. Didn't you say that you would leave in the evening? Why do you want to leave now itself?" To which my husband said, "I have some important work." To which they hugged him and said, "Fine Nanna. We will wait for the next Saturday." To which my husband said, "Till I come home, you should eat well, study well and also take care of your mother." To which my children agreed and said, "Ok Nanna. You should also eat well and study well."

He went out of the room while we followed him and he talked to everyone while leaving except his mother which hurt her and after he left, she went to her room followed by my father in-law.

Shanthi aunt asked us to arrange the dining area as the kids were hungry and went to my inlaws room to ask them to join the lunch but they refused saying that they weren't hungry.

The same continued even in the night, not able to sleep when they didn't eat, I went into their room to see my mother in-law crying in Shanthi aunt's arms while my father in-law was sitting on the bed looking upset.

Sensing my presence in their room, they turned their attention towards me and my mother in-law said, "Are you happy now?" To which Shanthi aunt stopped her and gave me a serious look and said, "Meena! Go to your room now." To which I hesitantly said, "But they didn't eat food." To which she said, "Meena! Just go to your room now. I'll make sure that they eat something."

Shanthi's POV

After Meena left the room I said, "Did you see Vadina? How pure she is? She is still worried for you? But you are busy blaming her." To which my sister in-law said, "You always support her. Didn't you see how my son behaved with me today because of her?"

To which I said, "Why are you not trying to understand Vadina? You are responsible for his behaviour. Leave that just tell me why did you think of Shiva's remarriage?" To which she said, "I just wanted my son to be happy. But now my own son hates me." To which I said, "Vadina! I know you want his happiness but you are hurting his source of happiness. Do you think he would have had three children with her, if he is not happy with her. If you really want to mend your relationship with your son, first try to accept Meena from your heart."

To which my sister in-law said, "I tried Shanthi. But everytime I see her face, it reminds me that I failed as a mother. I hate how my son was forcefully married. I hate that my health was the reason for the marriage. I hate how my elder son married an orphan while my younger son married a girl of his choice. Don't you see the difference? If he wasn't forced to marry as a child, he would have married a beautiful and educated girl of his choice."

To which I said, "What is her fault in losing both her parents? Don't even talk about education Vadina! What did you study? What did I study? My husband is a lecturer while I never saw the face of school. But he never had any problem with my education. It's just about understanding and accepting each other. If you want to find faults, you could do that. Did my brother leave you because of your health?"

Seeing my sister in-law's silence I continued, "She is the best girl for our Shiva. You can't find a girl like her anywhere. Didn't you cry after knowing that you can't have another child after Surya. Didn't you say that you dreamt of having a daughter and getting her ready with pretty clothes and jewellery. You always treated Ramya like your own daughter. Then why can't you treat Meena the same way. Why are you punishing her for your husband's mistake. She is just a victim like Shiva. You should have accepted her the moment she entered our lives. God tried to give you a daughter for you to love her and cherish but you spoiled the opportunity. She just needs love. I seldom come here but whenever I come she showers me with love and care just because I show her a little love. You are unfortunate to not feel her love."

My sister in-law again started crying while my brother went near her and hugged her while I said, "You are responsible for all these. You know that Vadina wouldn't accept their marriage but you still forced Shiva and now see the consequences."

To which my brother said, "Don't start again. What's my fault in all these? Dont forget that It's our village and not your Hyderabad. What's wrong if I got them married? I know what I did. You were happily living with your family while our mother and my wife were sick. Our relatives suggested me to remarry but I couldn't do that. So I got my son married. Doesn't he have any responsibilities towards his family."

To which I said, "You didn't want to spoil your life dealing with two wives but didn't hesitate to spoil the children's lives. You should be behind the bars for your actions."

To which my brother said, "Then file a case against me. I don't care. I did what I thought was best at that time. They both are happy with each other now. That's enough for me."

Fed up with my arrogant brother, I said, "You never change" and went to kitchen and filled two plates with food and went to their room and gave the plates to my brother and said, "You eat and make Vadina eat. I don't want your daughter in-law pestering me for not making you both eat."

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.