PART 15

Meenakashi's POV

         I was shocked to see my husband standing behind me and felt very embarrassed. He silently ordered our kids to sleep and then we both retired to our bedroom. He directly went to the bed and I stood there waiting for him to say something but he didn't say anything and ordered me to sleep to which I silently obeyed.

       The next day, I woke up and as usual, I was busy with all the chores and cooking. After the breakfast, I was busy in cooking for the guests and unusually Sudha came into the kitchen and sat on a chair in the kitchen and got immersed in the phone.

        By the time I was done with all the cooking, the guests arrived, so I went to the living area to greet everyone and then came into the kitchen to fill glasses with mango juice to serve to the guests. After I filled all the glasses, Sudha took the tray with the juice glasses from my hands and served to everyone.

      Then, after a while Sudha and I sat with the female colleagues of my husband. As we were conversing, they asked us about our educational qualifications. Then Sudha said that she did her graduation. They all looked impressed with her qualifications and then they asked about my qualifications and my mother in-law replied on my behalf that I never saw the face of school and don't even know how to read or write which shocked all of them.

          After that everyone again started discussing about different topics like serials, clothes and shopping. Sudha got mingled with everyone instantly and I didnt even understand what to talk and just sat there silently.

         I understood that I could never match their standards and I truly believed that I spoiled my husband's life. Everyone were laughing and happily conversing with each other. Even my children were involved, they sat with them and were having a good time. This made me realise that I could never get along with those people. They all belong to the same standard.

          When it was the time for lunch,  Sudha and I went into the kitchen and we both arranged everything for everyone to eat. Sudha, I served everyone and they appreciated both of us for cooking well which made me feel really happy. They also pampered our children and gifted them chocolates.

         After everyone left, Sudha and I had our meals and then everyone went to their rooms. But as usual I was left with all the chores. As I was busy in doing the dishes, my sons came to me and insisted on helping me to which I refused but they were persistent and eventually we came to the conclusion that I would do the cleaning and they would dry the dishes and arrange them in their places. After that I went to the washing area and my sons gave me company while I was washing the clothes and then my husband came to the washing area and sent our kids to their room to study as their exams were from the next day itself.

         After they left, my husband stood there silently till I was done with the washing, he carried the tub filled with the washed clothes and then I hung them on the rope in our garden in the sunlight and then we both silently went into the house and then to our room. As I was soaked in the sweat because of the chores, I had a bath and wore a saree and sat infront of the mirror to comb my hair. Then I saw my husband's reflection on the mirror and then felt his hand caressing my long hair causing my cheeks to turn pink in colour but then suddenly someone knocked the door of our room startling me.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.