PART 59

Author's POV

The following weekend Shiva didn't come home as he was busy but Sudha came home along with her parents.

Sudha's mother in-law, Sathyamna complained to them how Sudha and Surya went to resort when Meena wasn't present. To which Sudha's mother said, "Our daughter said us everything. We know it's not appropriate to leave like that. We talked to her and she will not repeat such things in the future." To which Sathyamna  said, "Fine. Then I have no problem with her."

But Sudha's mother continued, "That's the only mistake my daughter did. But what about you? Why were you hurting my daughter with your words when she was studying? Didn't we already say that she would continue studying after getting married.?" To which Sathyamna didn't say anything and Sudha's father continued, "We trusted you with our daughter. We didn't expect this from you." To which Sudha's father in-law said, "I will make sure that it would never repeat." To which Sudha's mother tried to say something but Sudha's father stopped her and Rajaiah said, "You both don't worry. It's just a petty issue. These petty fights are common in every relationship."

Meanwhile Surya texted Sudha to meet him in their room but Sudha ignored the message and continued talking to Meena. Annoyed with Sudha's ignorance, Surya went to kitchen and seeing him after days without any proper conversation, Sudha stared at him with tears in her eyes but didn't move an inch and understanding their situation, Meena turned off the stove and went to Savithramma's room to wake her up for lunch.

Meenakshi's POV

My grandmother in-law looked so weak and said that she wanted to sleep but as soon as I said that Sudha and her parents were home, she freshened up and went out to greet them. Sudha's parents were very close to her so she sat between them and started chatting with them. I wanted to go back to the kitchen but didn't want to disturb Surya and Sudha so I waited for them to come out but they didn't come out.

After a while my kids came home after playing with their friends and seeing Sudha's parents, they greeted them and asked them about Sudha's whereabouts and before they could say anything Sudha and Surya came to the living room. Seeing Sudha my grandmother in-law felt happy and asked her to sit beside her and continued chatting with her and her parents.

After a while Sudha's parents left saying that they had a wedding to attend and would come again soon. Sudha hugged and cried while they were leaving and after they left my grandmother in-law consoled her and said, "Don't cry. Didn't they say that they would come soon. Now tell me how was your exam?" To which Sudha gave a bright smile and said, "Good grandmother. It was easy." To which my grandmother in-law said, "Good but now enough with your studies. Tell me when are you going to give me a great grandchild?" To which Sudha blushed and said, "Grandmother! Don't tease me." To which my grandmother in-law said, "I'm not teasing you. I want to see my great grand child before I die." To which Surya said, "Grandmother! You already have six great-grandchildren." To which my grandmother in-law said, "I want to see my youngest grandson's children." To which Surya said, "Your youngest grandson is too young to have children. If you want more great grandchildren, you should ask your other grandchildren."

They continued their banter and I started feeling envious seeing Sudha. I was envious seeing how everyone favours Sudha. How lucky is she to get married to Surya who loves her immensely and how lucky is she to have inlaws who forgive her so easily and most importantly how lucky is she to have such doting parents who came to support her!

The next week, I was excitedly waiting for my husband but he called me on friday's night and said, "I won't be able to come home this weekend" and cut the call. I felt very disappointed with him. I hated how he didn't even give me a reason. I was waiting for him for two weeks but he didn't seem to care at all. I was very angry and decided to not to talk to him when he comes back.

The next morning, I woke up with a pair of hands around my waist. I touched the hands and was confused as my children didn't have such heavy hands. I suddenly panicked and opened my eyes to see my husband staring at me. I immediately hugged him and said, "You! I was scared. I thought it was someone else." To which he said, "Who has the guts to touch you like I did? Didn't you recognize my touch?" To which I said, "You said that you wouldn't come!" To which he said, "I wanted to surprise you." To which I said, "You are a liar." To which he said, "I'm not. I said that I wouldn't come on weekend and I came yesterday itself." To which I said, "When did you come?" To which he said, "Last night. When you were in deep sleep and when your waist was completely on display as if it's waiting for me. Even though you didn't wait for me, your waist waited for me." and kissed my waist.

I was shocked with his shameless behaviour and pushed him aside and said, "I don't want to talk to you. Last night I cried because of you. Why are you so heartless? You should have told me that you were coming." To which he kissed both my eyes and said, "You can punish me however you want." To which I said, "Really! Will you do whatever I say?" To which he agreed.

I wanted to take my son's help but it was 2.A.M. so I didn't disturb them and he said, "You don't say all these to them. You should punish me, not them. Just tell me what you want me to do. Don't get influenced by them."

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.