PART 62

Meenakshi's POV

I spoke to my aunt but I didn't have the heart to talk about the past when she was happily talking about my uncle's recovery. She informed me that my uncle started moving his limbs and was hopeful about his complete recovery. I just talked to aunt and uncle about their well-being and ended the conversation.

I wanted them to come back so that I could talk to them. I cried remembering how I misunderstood my uncle. I just wanted to go to them and hug them. I didn't know how my aunt took care of my brothers. I didn't know what more secrets they were hiding from me.

My chain of thoughts broke when I heard the sound of the door opening. Seeing my husband I quickly wiped my tears and stood up to leave the room but he stopped me and hugged me which made me cry. He made me sit on the bed and said, "Don't cry. I don't like seeing you cry." To which I said, "My dad! I want my dad now! If they didn't kill my dad. He would have been with me today. My uncle would have not gone to jail. Everything would have been fine. My life would have been good. I would have studied like you. I wouldn't have lost my childhood. I would have been so happy. My life got spoiled because of them.They not only killed my dad, they also killed my dreams, my happiness, my everything. Why did they kill my dad? He was the kindest person. He never harmed anyone. My dad loved me the most. He always thought only about me. He loved me a lot" and cried in his arms.

He didn't say anything but hugged me tightly and occasionally kissed me on my head and after I stopped crying he said, "I know that everything was very unfortunate but how much ever you cry, you can't change anything. I just  want you to concentrate on our present and future. You also have your uncle and uncle's family in your life now which you didn't have from the past two decades. I want you to just concentrate on the positive aspects now. " To which I nodded my head and stayed in his arms.

But our moment was disturbed when Adarsh barged into our room and said, "Amma! Shanthi grandmother and Aradhya came." I was surprised with her sudden visit and quickly got up to meet her but my husband stopped me and made me stand infront of mirror.

I quickly freshened up seeing my reflection in the mirror and later went out to see Shanthi aunt and Aradhya. I was excited seeing them after a long time and Shanthi aunt informed us that she came to stay with us that night and attend a wedding of a distant relative of her husband's family the next day.

In the night, seeing my children going to my grandmother in-law's room where Shanthi aunt sleeps, even I went to sleep with them and listen to their non-stop talks but my husband called me and said, "Come to our room now." To which I said, "I want to spend some time with Shanthi aunt." To which he said, "Don't make me repeat. Just shut up and come to our room right now."

I was disappointed with his behaviour but went to our room. As soon as I went to our room, he clicked the door and picked me up in his arms and placed me on the bed. But seeing me upset he said, "Aunt is not going anywhere. You can spend time with her after I go." To which I said, "But I'm meeting her after a long time." To which he said, "I know but I won't be able to come home for almost a month this time." To which I was shocked and said, "One month! Why? Didn't you say that you would come home on weekends?" To which he tried to say something but I stopped him and said, "Why are doing this?" To which he wiped my tears and said, "First you should stop crying. The final exams are in few more days. I joined the college in the middle of the academic year and I should take care of students who are lagging behind. After the exams, I'll come home and take you and our children permanently to Hyderabad." To which I said, "Permanently?" To which he said, "Wow! You are so excited to get rid of my family." To which I felt guilty and tried to say something but he said, "It's fine. I can understand why you feel that way."

We both stayed silent for a while till he said, "What do you think we should do now?" To which I gave a questioning look and he said, "Your poor husband is not gonna come home for a month and don't you think you should entertain him a bit." To which I blushed and hugged him indicating that I was ready for intimacy.

The whole night, he behaved like a starved man and didn't let me blink for a second. The next day, he helped me in bathing and getting ready and after getting ready when I went out of our room, everyone were already present. I felt so ashamed of my behaviour. How could I be so shameless and careless being the elder daughter in-law of the family? I was also afraid of my mother in-law's reaction, so I tried to hurriedly go to the kitchen but Shanthi aunt called me and said, "Meena! Come here. Have your breakfast. Everyone already ate. Only you and Shiva are left." Few minutes later, my husband came and Shanthi aunt asked us to eat while Sudha served us. I didn't even lift my head to see anyone. I felt so embarrassed with my behaviour. I didn't know what Shanthi aunt would think about me. Would she stop loving me if I don't behave?

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.