PART 45

Meenakshi's POV

Listening to my children, my father in-law asked me to join them and I gladly joined them. No one talked during the dinner except my children. After the dinner, we all went to our own rooms and my children came to our room.

Adarsh said, "Dad! Did the injection hurt you?" To which my husband said, "What injection?" But my son said, "Dad! The injection to cure your sleepwalking disease." To which he said, "No."

My children were relieved and jumped on their father with happiness and said, "We were worried for you dad. We even wanted to accompany you to the hospital but you went without informing us." My husband laughed at their innocence. Later, they were involved in arm wrestling and they wanted to win against their father and he wantedly lost to them.

I love how close they are to their father. It also reminded me of my father bringing tears to my eyes. Seeing me in tears, Adarsh and Ajay said, "Amma! Why are you looking sad ?" Before I could say anything Vijay said, "Amma! Did you remember your father?" I didn't answer his question and stayed silent as I was afraid of crying in front of my children and he immediately jumped out of the bed and brought a bag which has photos of my parents and my other belongings."

As soon as Vijay brought the bag, my other two sons snatched it from his hands and showed me the photos and said, "Amma! See. You look cute when you smile. You should always smile." Few teardrops rolled down as I felt emotional with their concern and immediately wiped them and smiled.

Adarsh showed all the photos to his father and said, "Dad! See! Amma has two pigtails here. Dad! See! Amma doesn't have teeth here."Ajay said, "Dad! See here! Amma looks just like grandmother."

Ajay and Adarsh were showing all the photos to their dad and commenting on them while my husband was seriously looking at the photos.

As they were discussing, my husband saw the bag in Vijay's hand and took it from him and was seriously observing my belongings. I felt as if he was judging me and wanted to snatch it away from him but I was hesitant and said, "It's time for you to sleep. forget You have school tomorrow. Let's see the photos some other time." I tried to take the bag from my husband's hand but he didn't leave the bag and took the photos from my children's hands and said, "I'll take care of these. You sleep."

I didn't like him acting like they were his belongings. Those were my memories with my parents. My children went to sleep with their great-grandmother as we didn't want her to sleep alone.

After my children went out of the room, my husband said, "Did you go to school?" To which I said, "Only till 5th standard." To which my husband said, "Why did you discontinue your studies? Your marks were pretty good." To which I said, "I was married to you and your father didn't want me to study."

My husband didn't say anything for a while and then gave me a book and said, "Read this out loud." I was afraid to read as I thought that he would mock me. But I read it anyway as I wanted to check if I could really read. I read a few lines in the books but stammered whenever there were a few complicated words.

After reading a page, he took the book from me and said, "Not bad. You read well." He pulled me towards him and made me sit between his legs where my back was touching his chest and his arms were hugging me from behind. I felt my heartbeat increasing as we never sat in such an intimate position. He pushed my hair aside and placed his head on my shoulder. He showed me a photo of me sitting between my parents and said, "You look cute here. You really look a lot like your mother. How did our children saw all these photos but I didn't."

I blushed at our position and tried to talk but was not able to make a sound as I was very overwhelmed by the intimacy. Seeing the effect he had on me, he chuckled and said, "From now on I want you to share everything with me, all your feelings, all your thoughts. There shouldn't be a thing which I don't know about you."

I had no words to say and just nodded my head. Then he said, "You should talk more. I like when you talk. Talk to me now."

I didn't know about what I was supposed to talk so I said, "What should I talk?" To which he said, "Anything. Whatever you want."

I thought a lot but I didn't know what to talk. I was afraid to talk nonsense. I didn't want him to think that I was a fool and said, "I have nothing to talk. I'll listen if you talk." To which my husband said, "Really! Don't you really have anything to talk? Then why do I always see you talk to our children." To which I didn't say anything and he continued, "Fine. Tell me about your school days.

I was happy knowing that he wants to know about me and excitedly said, "You know! There was no school in my village but my father wanted me to study. So, he got my admission in a neighbouring village. He would daily drop me and pick me up from the school. I always stood first in the class. The school was good but it has only till fifth standard. You know, for my education, my father decided that we would shift to a town. I was excitedly waiting for us to shift and for me to join a new school but unfortunately that didn't happen. I lost my father in an accident."

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.