PART 55

Meenakshi's POV

The next day as soon as I did my morning routine, I took a measuring tape and measured my belly area and seeing that my belly grew, I couldn't control my excitement but quickly panicked seeing the time.

I wasn't able to wake up early due to our late night activities and even his sleeping schedule changed but no one seems to have any problem with his changed habits.

I quickly rushed to kitchen only to see my mother in-law kneading the floor. Not wanting to anger her anymore, I quickly cleaned the vegetables and started cutting them but Surya and my husband went out without eating as we didn't cook on time.

Later my father in-law took his mother to hospital for her knee pain. After everyone left, I filled my plate to eat but my mother in-law said, "How shameless are you? Your husband left without eating and here you are ready to eat." I felt bad and kept the plate aside. But she didn't stop and said, "Didn't I already warn you to cook on time? I don't know from where you are getting this disobedience. I know how to get you back on track" and lifted her hand to slap me but I moved aside missing her slap and went out of the room. I knew that I need to stop her. I just can't let her hit me when I had a child inside me. It would affect my child.

She looked angry seeing me going out and said, "You dare to act so recklessly" and took hold of a broom stick to hit me. I was scared seeing her with the broomstick. But as she lifted it to hit me, I moved aside. She was angered and again tried to hit me but I ran away from her but didn't see the wall and hurt my head.

She caught me and lifted the broomstick to hit me but I held the broomstick and snatched it from her and threw it aside and in fear I shouted, "Don't hit me. Don't hit me" She looked stunned with my sudden outburst and I ran to my room and locked it from inside.

Even I was shocked  with my sudden outburst. But I know that I shouldn't ever let her hit me again atleast as long as my baby is inside me.

I came out of the room when I heard my grandmother in-law and father in-law came home. My father in-law hurriedly had his lunch and went to the farm. I thought my mother in-law would complain about me but she didn't and simply ignored me which relieved me.

In the night, when I came to our room my husband put his book aside and stared at me and said, "Come here" but I ignored him and took out the measuring tape and seeing the results I was happy that my belly was growing. I stared at myself in the mirror and adored my baby. But I didn't observe that my husband stood behind me and poked me on the belly. I swiftly swatted his hand and said, "Whats wrong with you? It may hurt the baby?"

I hated seeing his insensitivity and moved away from him but he caught my hand and said, "What baby?" To which I shyly hugged him and said, "I'm pregnant." To which he laughed and said, "Wow! So soon! When did you realise that you are pregnant?" To which I said, "Today morning." To which he said, "Really. But how?" To which I said, "I checked the measurements after the first time we did it but my belly didn't grew and after last night I again checked in the morning to which the results are positive."

My husband laughed and said, "But I used condoms." To which I said, "What condoms?" To which he said, "The ballons" and showed me the ballon packet.

I was confused and said, "Why are you talking about the ballons now?" To which he said, "See this condom is used to prevent pregnancy. I wore it when we were having sex." I was confused with the information and said, "Why would you want to have sex when you don't want children?" I was upset at this point and cried. He said, "Don't cry now. People have sex for pleasure. It's not only about children." To which I said, "But my belly grew. I know that I'm pregnant. You can't play pranks on me now. It's not something to joke about. I knew that I'm pregnant now." To which he looked serious and said, "I said that you are not pregnant? Do I look like I'm joking." I knew the tone he was speaking. It means he was serious but I couldn't take it and cried hard saying, "I want children. Why would you use those ballons?" He hugged me and said, "Don't cry. Just wait till I get little stable financially. We can have children later but if we have children now, my father wouldn't let me continue my studies. He is already scolding me for not earning and still studying." But I was not able to understand what he was saying and all I cared at that moment was having children.

He picked me up in his arms and made me sleep on the bed. Seeing me cry he said, "Don't cry. Tell me what I can do for you to stop crying." To which I said, "I want children." He looked angry and said, "Didn't I just say that we can't have children now? Don't you want me to continue my studies? Why are you being so stubborn?" To which I said, "Even Madhavi got pregnant. She just got married last year and what would everyone think. Won't they think that I'm barren?" To which he said, "Are you stupid? What are you even talking? Which sane person calls an 18 year old barren? Don't annoy me. Just sleep."

He turned his back towards me and slept while I couldn't sleep with only one thought in my head that why can't I have children now.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.