PART 77

Meenakshi's POV

I was angry on him and stared outside the car window without saying anything. I know he just wanted to make me happy. But I didn't want him to lose all his savings for my sake and paying more than the market price is just too much. We have children, we should think about their future. My sentiments, my dreams doesn't matter now. But this man doesn't seem to understand a thing and just spent all his savings and also took a personal loan. I know he earns well but doesn't mean we are millionaires or something. Our lives depends on his monthly income, we can't just spent them however we want.

Fed up with my silence he stopped the car in a secluded area and turned towards me and said, "Are you not attached with your home? Didn't you say you wish your uncle didn't sell it?" To which I said, "Yes. I said. That doesn't mean you should buy everything that I'm attached to." To which he replied, "You aren't attached to everything you see. You are attached to your home. I know it's precious to you. It has all your childhood memories. I just want you to own your childhood home." Seeing him angry I held his hand and said, "But what's the need of paying more than the market price?" To which he replied, "I don't care. I just want to gift you something and I felt that this is the best gift I could give you."

I fell silent after listening to him and just stared at him silently while he started driving. Seeing me staring at him he said, " Are you just going stare at me or actually do something?" To which I hit him on his hand and said, "I'm still angry at you." To which he said, "Be angry but don't be silent." To which I replied, "Please don't do something like this again." To which he replied, "Ok. I'm just glad that you only have memories with your house and not with your farmlands. I somehow bought the house but buying the land now is completely impossible for us at this moment. An acre costs 4 crores now." I was startled and said, "Did you say four lakhs? I heard four crores!" I chuckled to myself and he said, " I said 4 crores" I was shocked and said , "4 Crores? Really?" To which he said, "Yea. It wasn't this expensive when your dad and uncle lost everything but now the prices are too high. Umesh Reddy's family is filthy rich now. But too bad he or his brothers are not alive to enjoy the riches."

Ninth month of the pregnancy

I was excited for the baby and so was everyone. I stayed with my aunt and uncle as they wanted to take care of me which they weren't able to in the previous pregnancies. My husband didn't want me to stay with them but my aunt said that it's customary for women to stay with their maternal family during pregnancies and also convinced my husband to stay with them along with our children.

On a busy Monday morning, I sat infront of the television watching a random show after everyone went to their schools and their works when my labour pains started. I called my aunt who was in the kitchen making gulab jamun for me. She helped me get up and made me sit in the car while I asked her to call someone to drive the call. But she said that she knows to drive and started the car without panicking. I thought I would deliver in the car but to my luck we reached the hospital on time.

After what felt like an eternity, I heard my baby's cry which made me smile and seeing my baby's face made my heart filled with joy. My aunt came inside and held the babygirl in her arms and became emotional.

I was excited for my husband to see our babygirl as he was also very excited about her birth but as soon as he came, he didn't even spare a glance at our baby and held my hand asking me, "Are you fine? Does it hurt?" I smiled at his concern and said I was fine and asked him to see our babygirl. My aunt gave him the baby and he didn't say anything for a while and to my surprise slowly tears started flowing from his eyes and he hugged me which made me cry in happiness too.

My uncle cried seeing our baby and
said that she resembles my mother. My brothers just couldn't stop gushing over the baby while my children were in awe seeing their baby sister. Shanthi aunt and her family came to visit us and even my inlaws started their journey from our village to the hospital.

By the end of the evening, my inlaws came to the hospital and were excited meeting their granddaughter. My grandmother inlaw was sure that she is the exact copy of Shanthi aunt while Shanthi aunt said that she looks exactly like me.

My eldest son suggested the name 'Vitika" for our daughter and said that he wants his sister to have a name with the letter V like him as both his younger brothers have the name with the same letter. So we finally decided to name our daughter as Vitika.

1 Year Later

My baby girl was all ready for her birthday and was excited to cut the cake. As soon as she saw the cake, she became very excited and when it's time for the caking cutting, my husband and I tried to make her cut the cake but when it's the time, she punched the cake and when we moved away from the cake she started crying, so my husband made her sit on the table to play with the cake. She giggled all the while playing in the cake.

At the end of the day, he cleaned her up and made her lie on the bed massaging her hands and legs as he thought she really had a very hectic day and also babytalked to her while she carefully listened to her father.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.