PART 49

Meenakshi's POV

My children were excited about the mobile and also showed me how to use it. As we were busy exploring the phone, Sudha called us to eat. After eating we were once again immersed in the mobile.

I thought my husband would go to Hyderabad in the evening but he went in the afternoon itself saying that he had some important work and also he didn't forget to remind me to study properly and also strictly prohibited me from giving the mobile to our children.

The days were passing painfully slow as my children's exams were going on and my brother in-law was not leaving them for a second. My husband said that he wouldn't come for the weekend as there are many students who were not doing good and he wants to take extra classes for them. Even Sudha was studying for her exam.

Seeing everyone in the house busy with studying even I tried to read a bit and after reading I felt like I have achieved something big in life. It made me feel good. I even practised a lot to write and even felt that I have improved a bit.

As Sudha was busy with her studies and was tensed about the exam, I asked her not to work till the exam but my mother in-law who saw that she was not working started taunting her leading Sudha to tell her about the exam.

I thought my mother in-law would stop after knowing about the exam but she continued and said, "This is not your home to do whatever you want. Moreover you don't even know to respect us but expect us to serve you while you study and you didn't even take our permission to attend the exam. Didn't your mother teach you manners." To which Sudha said, "Don't talk about my mother. She taught me well. It's you who don't know how to treat people well." To which my mother in-law said, "It's my mistake to treat you well that you started thinking that you could say and do whatever you want."

Hearing their loud voices, Surya came and seeing them arguing with each other, he angrily looked at Sudha and said, "Get inside"

Listening to his angry voice, Sudha said, "Why should I? Your mother is the one who started everything. She is torchering me for days. I was just studying."

Surya looked even more angry and said, "Don't make me repeat. Just get inside." Sudha angrily went inside their room while Surya said, "Amma! Why are you doing this? You always wanted Sudha as your daughter inlaw right! Just because of one mistake you can't always harass her like this."

My mother in-law looked offended but before she could say anything, Surya went inside their room. I could hear loud voices coming from their room and within few minutes, Surya came out of the room and went out.

I felt that Sudha shouldn't be left alone in this situation and went to their room only to see her crying and packing her bag. Seeing me she stopped what she was doing and said, "Did you see how she is behaving even after knowing that I have an exam? I miss my parents. I don't want to stay here. I'm already scared for the exam. I don't think I'll do well in my exam." I tried to console her but she didn't stop crying.

I tried to stop her from leaving the home but she didn't listen to me and left the house saying, "Don't worry akka. I'll come back after the exam." My mother in-law too tried to stop her but Sudha said, "Please! Don't stop me. I'll come back after the exam. I'm already stressed about it."

Knowing her stubborn nature, I said, "Atleast call your brother if you want to go" but she said, "I can go akka. I'm not a kid."

She didn't listen to us and left the house and after she left my mother in-law said, "Did you see her attitude? She doesn't know to respect elders. I'll see how she will be come back to my house." I wanted to talk in favour of Sudha but was scared to offend her and said, "I'll go to grandmother inlaw's room and see if she woke up."

After Surya came home, my mother in-law informed him that Sudha went to her home. He looked upset and said, "Why didn't you stop her and how could you let her go all alone."

He immediately called her but she was not answering his calls. My father in-law scolded my mother in-law for letting Sudha go all alone and said, "Why did you let her go all alone? Don't you know that it's not safe."

After a while, Sudha called me and said, "Akka? I'm fine. I just reached my parent's home. Tell your brother in-law to stop calling me and also tell him not to call my parents. I don't want my family to know about all these now. I'll come back soon."

I informed everything to Surya which relieved him and immediately wanted to go to Sudha's parent's home but I stopped him and said, "She is already stressed about the exam and don't stress her more. Give her some space." To which he was convinced.

My children asked about Sudha and I informed them that she left for her parent's home as she was missing them. I asked them to go to their uncle as I didn't want him to feel lonely.

Later, I informed my mother in-law and father in-law that she was safe and reached her home. They were relieved but they were also angry.

By the end of the day, I was fed up with everything and called my husband as talking to him became my favourite thing. I didn't inform him about anything happening in our home. As we were talking he said that he caught few of his students watching a porn video in a mobile and reminded me of the day I watched a porn video leaving me embarrassed.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.