PART 50

Meenakshi's POV

As soon as my husband graduated, my inlaws forced me to stay in his room which he didn't look happy but we didn't have any choice, so we both stayed together in the same room. But he didn't allow me anywhere near him and said that I should only come to the room when he was not present or in the night to sleep and should always maintain a distance.

My grandmother in-law was expecting me to get pregnant and when I asked her how to get pregnant, she said that I should sleep beside my husband. Thinking that I would get pregnant sleeping beside him, every night after he slept, I would sneakily sleep beside him when he was in deep sleep.

But one day, he woke up in the middle of the night, he was shocked seeing me beside him and woke me up and said, "Why are you sleeping here? Didn't I say that you should stay away from me." I was shocked to get caught and tried to runaway but he caught me and said, "Tell me why you are here." Scared of his serious tone, I said, "To get pregnant." To which he looked surprised and said, "Do you know how a woman gets pregnant?" To which I said, "Yes." To which he said, "How?" I blushed at the question and bent down my head and said, "Sleeping beside husband." Listening to what I said, he started laughing for a while and then said, "Who is teaching you all these? Who asked you to sleep beside me?" To which I said, "Grandmother. She said that I should sleep beside you to get pregnant."

He once again laughed at this and said, "Sleeping beside husband doesn't literally mean to sleep beside husband, you should also do other things to get pregnant." I was curious and said, "What are the other things?"
He looked amused but said, "Leave it. You shouldn't think about all these now. Go sleep."

But as I was getting out of the bed, he said, "Don't. Sleep here itself." I felt happy thinking that he too wants to become a father. From that day onwards, we slept on the same bed but I didn't get pregnant.

One day, his parents and grandmother went to a neighbouring village to attend a wedding, my husband and his brother went to college.

But as I was watching telivision, my husband came back home from the college and connected the telivision to the DVD player which he burrowed from his friend and said, "Come let's watch it."

I was at the loss of words with his behaviour as he was not someone who would miss his college to watch movies but as I was excited about watching movie, I sat down to watch but within few minutes of watching the movie, I was scared and started crying. He looked shocked seeing me cry and said, "Why are you crying? Didn't you say that you want to become pregnant, I was just trying to educate you."

I ran into my old room which I shared with his grandmother and started crying again as I was scared seeing the porn video. I decided not to get pregnant and wanted to stay away from him.

I didn't want to come out of the room when we were alone and came out only after his brother came home. I again got busy with the chores and even he didn't try to talk to me.

In the night, I didn't sleep in his room and went to my old room to sleep but the whole night I was wide awake. I couldn't erase the image of the couple in the video.

The next day too I decided to completely ignored him but his parents and grandmother came home and having no other choice I went to his room in the night to sleep but made sure to only go inside after confirming that was asleep. But as soon as I went inside he said, "Don't you want to get pregnant now?"

I was shocked knowing that he was not asleep and once again ran out of the room and went to the kitchen to sleep. But within few minutes, he again came to the kitchen and said, "Come to my room." To which I didn't say anything and ignored his presence. Not getting any response for me he said, "Fine. Then wait I'll call grandmother." To which I stopped him and hurriedly went to his room and slept on the floor but he removed the blanket covering me and said, "Sleep on the bed" and before I could deny he said, "Or do you want me to call grandmother?"

I silently got on to the bed and closed my eyes and acted like I was sleeping. Few seconds later, he too slept on his side of the bed and soon fell asleep. I wanted to check if he was really sleeping or just acting like me. So, I poked him in the biceps and after not getting any reaction from him, I felt relieved and eventually fell asleep.

The following day, my grandmother in-law again pressurized me to get pregnant but my mother in-law said, "My son wants to wants to get a government job first and untill then please spare him. He is already forced into this relationship. If this useless girl didn't exist, I would have searched for a beautiful bride for my son. She doesn't even deserve to stand beside my son." I felt hurt by what she said and immediately tears filled my eyes but I felt that she wasn't wrong.

But my grandmother in-law said, "Yes. But what can we do now. It's their fate. just want to see my great-grandchild before I die. Don't know when I will die. Already my cousin who is two years younger than me died a month ago. Don't you all care about my last wish."

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.