PART 13

Meenakashi's POV

In the evening, everyone came home and freshened up and I was in the kitchen preparing tea and later served tea with the snacks and was observing my mother in-law and grandmother in-law as I was afraid of them complaining to my husband but they seemed to forgive as they didn't complain and later I was busy in the chores and cooking but was afraid of them complaining.

After the tuition students left, everyone sat down for the dinner and then my husband announced that their colleagues would come home tomorrow for lunch and asked to prepare special meals. After having dinner everyone sat together and spent some family meanwhile I had my dinner and later did the dishes and cleaned the dining area.

After that I went to the living room to see that everyone were leaving to there rooms to sleep. As soon as I entered the room, my youngest son ran towards me and hugged and asked me to pick him up which I did as I wanted to spend some time with my kids.

But my other two sons were busy talking to their father. It reminded me of them being very clingy when they were toddlers but as they grew older they started getting more attached to their father. I know they love me a lot but the time we spend is very little these days. It hurts me a lot. What if one day they too don't love me just like everyone else? These thoughts always scare me.

I picked my son and took him to the kids room. Then we both decided to play carroms as we both love the game. When I was a kid, I saw my husband and brother in-law playing the game but my husband never let me play but as my children started playing, they would always ask me to join them. This made me play carroms really well. As we were very seriously playing the game, I heard my other two sons saying "How can you both play without us?" Then we restarted the game with four of us sitting around the carrom board. My youngest son and I were in one group and my other two sons in another group and started playing and my sons were cracking jokes in between the game which made me laugh hard. As I was laughing hard, I suddenly felt a presence behind me which made me want to turn back but I was so immersed in the game that I ignored the feeling and continued playing the game.

As it was my turn to play, my son passed the striker to me. The board is only left with a red piece, white piece and a black piece. I first striked the red piece into the carrom pocket and later a white piece into the carrom pocket which made me and my youngest son win the game. So we both celebrated our victory by teasing our opponents and then once again I felt a presence behind me but this time instead of ignoring the presence, I turned back only to see my husband standing behind me.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.