PART 65

Meenakshi's POV

Till the time Shanthi aunt came to the room, children and my grandmother in-law were asleep and seeing me awake she said, "You don't have to worry now. They are eating." I felt relieved and lied down and aunt lied down beside me to sleep and said, "I'm very happy to see Shiva standing up  for you." To which I smiled and she continued, "Finally, the boy changed and understood how to behave like a good husband!" To which I smiled and she continued, "Shiva who worships his mother fought with her just for you. It's no less than a miracle." To which I said, "This is not the first time pinni. Even before this when she mentioned about his remarriage, he scolded her and now again." To which Shanthi aunt said, "She deserves to be scolded. But even after all these I don't think she would understand. She is very stubborn and even my brother is not sensible enough to teach her."

The next morning, Shanthi aunt came to the kitchen and said, "Someone woke up early today!" Which hurt me and immediately tears filled my eyes as I thought she was taunting me but she immediately said, "Shh. Don't cry now. I was just trying to tease. Can't I even tease you?" To which I felt relieved and said, "I was scared. I thought yesterday you would scold me for waking up late." To which Shanthi aunt said, "What? Do I look like your mother inlaw? Why would I scold you for such petty things?" To which I said, "I was just scared. I don't want you to hate me." To which aunt hugged me and said, "Don't think like that. I can never hate you."

While we were talking to each other Sudha came running to the kitchen and said, "Akka! Did you start cooking? I woke up late today. Tell me what to do!" I gave her the washed vegetables and she immediately started chopping them and Shanthi looked surprised and was observing her.

After a while Sudha said, "Aunt! Will you stop staring at me like that? I feel very uncomfortable!" To which Shanthi aunt said, "Ohh! I'm just surprised. What are you doing here? I mean you always watch videos on your phone." Sudha stopped chopping the vegetables and looked at aunt saying, "I wasn't wasting my time watching some random videos. I was attending online classes. Now I don't have do study so I'm working here. Why are you after me all the time?" To which Shanthi aunt said, "I'm not after you. I just don't want Meena to be burdened with all the chores. Last time you lied and went to resort uninformed and Meena was forced to come here." To which Sudha said, "I already apologised for that. What do you want me to do now? For that one mistake first your sister in-law harrassed me and now you." To which Shanthi aunt said, "I didn't mean to hurt. I just said. Leave it. Sometimes I talk nonsense." To which Sudha nodded her head but didn't say anything and continued doing her work.

The next few days went smoothly as aunt was with us and she also tried to get closer to Sudha. Even though they didn't become very close, they started having a cordial relationship. But after aunt and Aradhya went back to Hyderabad, I was scared of my mother in-law's behaviour but she didn't say anything rude to me and only talked to me when needed. I was relieved with her behaviour and as usual stayed in my limits. But what worried me was her skipping the meals. She looked very pale and lost and I wanted to comfort her but didn't go anywhere near her as I was afraid of provoking her. I was afraid that she would again blame me for my husband's behaviour and her condition.

On the other side, I started reading newspaper regularly and whenever I had trouble reading any difficult word, I would click the picture and sent it to my husband and he would teach me. Even though he never scolded me for disturbing me and taught me with patience, at one point I was embarrassed of my incapablilty of reading and wanted to take Sudha's help but came to the conclusion that it would be better to get embarrassed infront of my own husband than infront of anyone else.

My children were busy with their school and their exams. Surya was busy with his school and later his tuitions and Sudha was the one who guided my children for their exams.

We didn't inform our children that he wouldn't come home for a month and when they got to know about it, they were very upset but my husband convinced them.

After the exams, I along with my children and everyone in the house were eagerly waiting for him but once again he delayed in coming home which made everyone upset. But after another week he informed us that he was on the way to home which made me very excited and giddy. My mother in-law and grandmother in-law were also very excited for his arrival and asked us to cook all his favourite dishes while they both along with my children sat near the entrance of our home waiting for his arrival.

After cooking, I took my time to get ready and wore a beautiful saree and was pacing in our room waiting for him. Soon after hearing the sound of a bike, I ran outside the room but to my disappointment it was not my husband.

After another half an hour, my husband came home and our eyes met but I immediately broke the eye contact as there were people around. My mother in-law hugged him and sobbed in his arms and even he looked upset with her weight loss and scolded her for not taking care of her health. Later, my children jumped into his arms and he got busy interacting with the family members.

While I felt very upset for not having the chance to even see him properly and went to our room and then came my husband who pulled me towards him and kissed me like his life depended on it and later hugged me making me feel like he was my home.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.