PART 75

Meenakshi's POV

I suddenly woke up from my nightmare and panicked when I could only see darkness. Then I felt a hand on my back which terrified me even more and I tried to move away and in the process, I fell down from the bed.
Then when the lights were turned on, I looked around only to realise that I was in my own rom.

My husband panicked seeing me and helped me get up and gave me water to drink which I hurriedly drank. I sighed in relief when I realised that everything was a nightmare and the results are not out. I dreamt of failing in all the subjects and everyone running after me holding placards with fail written on it with red ink. The worst part is even our children ran after me holding the placards shouting "fail, fail..." while my husband with a very big bamboo stick in his hand also stood in front of me.

After listening to my nightmare, my husband assured me that no one are going to insult me even if I fail and also promised me to never say a single word even if I fail and asked me to sleep peacefully but I wasn't able to have sleep at all.

The next day, I was getting ready to go to the examination hall while my uncle and aunt came to accompany me to the examination hall as they felt I needed their support in the crucial moments while my brothers wished me good luck but didn't come as they were busy in their business meetings.

My children gifted me new stationary items and an exam pad and wished me good luck. After reaching the exam centre, my aunt forcefully fed me breakfast which made everyone look at us. There are decent number of women of my age writing the exam but none came to the examination centre with an army of people.

I went to the examination hall with lot of fear but as soon as I saw the question paper, I couldn't stop smiling and excitedly answered all the questions and I felt like I was unnecessary anxious. But I didn't feel the same excitement for the rest of the papers. But I tried my best and managed to answer all the questions but I didn't know if I would be given good marks.

After the exams, I didn't fear anyone. Even when my husband wanted to know if my exams went well I said, "Didn't you say that you wouldn't say anything even if I fail? Why are asking me about the exams all the time?" He looked surprised with my behaviour and said, "I would really not say anything if you fail and will only change your time table and increase your study hours." To which I felt anxious and replied, "What if I pass? It's not like I didn't write anything. They will give me some marks for everything I wrote." To which he replied, " Ok but even if you pass, you will not stop studying, you will study further" which made me shocked and I said, "Why will I study further. I'm not interested. I won't study anymore." To which he caressed my cheek and he gave a smile and said, "As if you have a say in this!"

Days were passing and finally my results were out. I secured 63% which made me very happy and satisfied but my children looked very unhappy and  Ajay said, "Amma! Only 63% I think we should apply for revaluation." To which my husband said, "No need for revaluation. This is the marks you get when you don't study at all and waste all your time on the phone." I was angered with his rude comment but before I could say anything my uncle said, "Not everyone can get 63%. Some people have no work other than studying so they may get 90% or 95%. But my daughter got such good percentage even after having so many responsibilities." My husband didn't look like he was happy with my uncle's comment and said, "Yes uncle but she could have secured better marks if she studied a bit." To which my uncle said, "What's the big deal with the marks? It's not like people who secure 90% are going to get admission directly in PhD." To which my husband didn't say anything and shook his head showing his disappointment which my uncle totally ignored.

I thought he would atleast congratulate me for passing but he didn't and sent me and my children to my uncle's home saying that he and his friends planned a tour to Kerala. I was upset as I wasn't expecting him to leave us alone and enjoy with his friends.

One day when I accompanied my aunt and uncle to a hospital for their regular health check ups, I saw Surya. I had a bad feeling seeing him in the hospital and called him but he didn't hear me so I followed him only to see him go to a room where my husband was on the bed and laughing talking to my his brother and Rahul Anna. He stopped laughing when he saw me.

I panicked seeing him on the bed and went near him and asked what he was doing in the hospital but he didn't give me any answer and asked me to go back. Even Surya and Rahul Anna didn't open their mouth. Not having any other choice I said, "Fine. Don't answer me. Just answer your parents." I took my phone from my bag but my husband quickly snatched it from me and seeing the situation Rahul Anna and Surya left the room leaving us alone and said, "What do you want now?" To which I said, "What happened to you? What are you doing in the hospital?" To which he said, "Didn't you say that you want another child?" To which I said, "Yes but why did you come here for children." To which he said, "Vasectomy reversal surgery. "

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.