PART 43

Author's POV

Shiva was frustrated seeing how everything turned out. Seeing his wife looking at him for help made him finally speak up. But he was embarrassed to admit that he secretly came to meet his wife so he said, "There was no thief. It was just a cat."
His grandmother looked at him like he lost his brain and said, "Which cat is as tall as a human?"

He was thinking of different ways to escape the situation but suddenly Adarsh said, "Dad! What happened to your head? Why is your forehead swollen? Did someone hit you? "Shiva was scared of getting caught and tried to go out of the room but his mother worriedly checked his swelling. When his mother asked about the swelling he said, "The thief hit me."

But this time, Ajay said, "Dad! But you just said that there was no thief and dad why is your shirt torn." Annoyed with so many questions Shiva said, "Why are you asking me so many questions? Can't I wear whatever I want? Do you want me to wear designer clothes while sleeping? He again tried to leave the room but his grandmother said, "So you came to my room like a thief." Shiva was embarrassed for getting caught. Shiva mother was confused and said, "Why would he do that?"

Ajay having his own idea of his father's problem said, "Grandma! Dad has a habit of walking while sleeping. He does it unintentionally. He generally sleeps beside us in the night but in the morning but he would be beside mom. I think we should consult a doctor."

Adarsh too supported his brother and said, "Yes! Even I saw dad on mom's side of the bed while he sleeps on his side of the bed in the night."

Everyone were embarrassed to listen to the kids talk and didn't say anything. Rajaiah asked his wife to sleep with his mother and left to his room with his grandchildren. Savithramma who saw that Meena was still in the room said, "Go to your room."

Everything was new to Shiva and seeing things backfiring and also getting caught by his family was very embarrassing for him. He saw his friends doing wild stuff but they never got caught.

He questioned himself if he overdid it but after seeing his wife in his room, he felt contented. He hated when his wife was not in his room. It's not always about the physical pleasure. It's just her presence that makes him feel good.

Embarrassed Meena went their room and seeing Siva in the room she said, "What was the need for you to come like that? What will everyone think after everything you did? How can I face everyone now?" Seeing Meena's anxious face Shiva tried to comfort her but he was also anxious.

Wanting to encourage their father, Adarsh and Ajay came to their parents room and said, "Dad! Don't worry. Tommorow we will take you to the hospital. With treatment you will become healthy and will stop walking in your sleep."

Listening to them, Shiva was irritated but Meena suppressed her giggle seeing Shiva's condition. The kids said, "Dad! From now on you shouldn't sleep alone and sleep between us so that we can stop you from walking in your sleep. Amma! You don't worry. We both will sleep on either side of dad to protect him."

Vijay came to their room with few ropes in his hands and said, "Dad! Lie down. I'll tie you to the bed. These ropes will prevent you from walking in your sleep." The three brothers tried to tie their father but Shiva stopped them and said, "I don't want any rope. You guys go and sleep. Don't you have school tomorrow?"

The kids thought that their father was embarrassed to take help from them. So, they waited outside the room till he slept and after the lights were turned off, they went to the room and woke up Meena and asked her to help them tie their father.

Meena was hesitant in the beginning but later decided to help them as she didn't know how to say no to the kids.

Shiva woke up in the morning but as he tried to get up he was restrained by ropes. Seeing the ropes, he understood that his kids would have done that and tried to remove the ropes but he was not able to remove them.

Seeing Meena in the room he said, "What are you doing? Why didn't you remove the ropes? Where are those brats?" Meena didn't like the tone he was using. He used a very pleasant tone in Hyderabad when they were talking and seeing him change his tone, Meena decided to ignore him.

Few minutes passed by and Shiva was angry being ignored by Meena and then the came to their room and said, "See dad! You didn't even move an inch. It's all because of the rope. Dad! Be ready in the evening. After coming from the school, we will accompany you to the hospital."

The kids tried to remove rope around their father when he asked them to but Meena stopped them and said, "I'll do it. You guys go to school now. It's already late. Your grandfather is waiting outside."

After the kids went, Meena again started ignoring Shiva. She informed her mother in-law and grandmother in-law that Shiva was still sleeping.

Completely furious by her behaviour, Shiva said, "You wait and see. After getting rid of these ropes, I'll see your end." To which Meena didn't say anything and placed a newspaper on the bed and said, "Read this. You will not be bored."

Meena was waiting Shiva to request her but seeing no change in his attitude, she wanted to annoy him more. But seeing a group of neighbouring ladies in their house talking to their grandmother in-law and mother in-law, she quickly went to their room and removed the ropes saying, "The neighbouring ladies are here."

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.