PART 11

Meenakshi's POV

After startling all of us, he caught my hand and took me to the bedroom and ordered me to sleep and he sat near my head and started patting my head for me to sleep but as I was not sleeping he started narrating a story and after that sang a lullaby which brought a smile to my face seeing how my son was trying to copy all my actions which I do for him to sleep. After he realised that I was not sleeping, he insisted me to play with him which I did.

I didn't know for how long, I played with my son but as my son said that he was hungry, I saw the time and was shocked as it's already 12:30 P.M. I was afraid to face everyone for neglecting all my chores. But my son who was unaware of my thoughts compelled me to have the lunch.

I went inside the kitchen to see that everything was the same as I left, the sink was filled with the utensils and the kitchen platform is dirty but I think no one felt the need to clean. My father in-law who just came was having his lunch with the other members of the family and insisted my son to eat and fed him with his own hands.

Later my father in-law took my son to the fields with him which gave relief to me as I can complete the remaining chores. Later I was immersed in cleaning the kitchen and then went to collect the clothes for washing but I was afraid of fainting once again so I had a quick lunch in the kitchen itself.

After eating, I went to collect clothes from all the rooms to wash but my mother in-law called me and glared me which reminded me of my son's behaviour in the morning.

" Are you satisfied filling my grandson's ears against us? Which daughter inlaw behaves like you? I came to this house as a daughter in-law 35 years back but never once I tried creating rift within the family? Who pollutes their own son's mind like that? Do you think my son will keep quiet after knowing about your deeds?" said my mother in-law.

"We tolerated your presence in our house because you have no where to go!! You know my grandson would have married an educated woman from a nice family if he was not bounded to you!! You have no family and do you want the same for my grandson too! Shameless girl! You are ungrateful!! Your parents must have died because of your unlucky presence and because of your unluck all your relatives kicked you out of their lives and not even once anyone visited you. We brought you home and took care of you from your childhood and now you are showing your true colours!"said my grandmother in-law.

" You were lazying all the day, atleast now go and work you ungrateful woman!" said my mother in-law.

After hearing all these I was shocked as they were never this harsh infront of Sudha. I couldn't stand there anymore and quickly collected all the clothes and then went to the wash area to wash the clothes but my tears were not stopping.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.