PART 72

Meenakshi's POV

After watching the make up tutorial Vijay sat infront of me and used different kinds of brushes and I don't know what on my face while my other two sons are also guiding him. I was curious to see how he was doing the make up but he strictly prohibited me from seeing my face. He was confidently doing the make up but as time was passing he looked confused and finally he said, "Amma! I did exactly how she showed in the video but now why are you looking like a joker."

Seeing my make up Ajay said, "Dont worry Amma. I'll make it right" and sat infront of me holding the brushes and did some more experiments on my face and after a while he too gave up. Both the brothers looked guilty and apologized for the make up and gave me the mirror to see my face.

I was shocked seeing my face in the mirror. Never in my life I looked so out of the world. The creams they used in the beginning made me look like a wall painted in the whitest white colour and the area around my eyes is completely smudged with black and my lips and the area around it looked red and I also saw a tint of red on my upper teeth. I felt so conscious seeing my look but felt relieved that my husband was nowhere around. Ajay tried to clean my face and remove the make up but instead he made it even worse. Seeing his elder brother's failed attempt Adarsh gave a scrubber used to clean utensils to me and said,  "Amma! Use this. It will help you get rid of the make up. It even cleans the dirtiest stains." Seeing that I wasn't taking the scrubber he said, "Amma! This is not the used one. It's new one. I just opened it."

Before I could react, I heard my husband's angry voice, "You idiot! It's not some dirty plate to use a scrubber. It's your mother's face." To which Adarsh said, "But Nanna if it can clean a dirty plate it can also clean Amma's face." To which my husband said, "First tell me which idiot started this nonsense?"

Not wanting my husband to scold my children and forgetting about the make up I turned towards him and said, "Don't scold them. They were just trying to help me." My husband who saw my face looked like he was controlling himself from laughing  and scolded our kids for doing my make up while I went to our room embarrassed and sat on the bed and then my husband came infront of me and cleaned my face with a wet cloth and said, "They are just kids. How did you allow them to do your make up? See how they spoiled your face." To which I replied, "They gifted me the make up kit and when I said that I don't know to do the make up, Vijay said that he would do it." To which he replied, " And you believed him? " To which I replied, "I didn't think much. I thought he would do it perfectly. He looked very confident." To which he replied, "He is just a kid. You can't believe everything he says."

After washing my face we went to the living room to see our children seriously talking among themselves. Soon after they us coming out of the room, they came towards and inspected my face and felt relieved that the stubborn make up was removed. But Adarsh seemed to have other plans and said, "Amma! This time I'll do your make up and not spoil your face like they did." But my husband was quick to interfere and said, "You guys already did enough nuisance today. Next time try all these on someone else and leave your mother alone." But Adarsh replied, "Nanna! Girls like make up. Amma is a girl. We should do her make up now." To which my husband, "No need. Your mother is already beautiful. She doesn't need any make up."

Adarsh was upset and silently sat without saying anything that he wasn't able to do my make up and my husband went to the dining area and came back after a while and said, "Why are you sitting like that? Don't you want to celebrate your mother's birthday now?"

All of us went to the dining area and were surprised when we saw a cake placed on the dining table. He made me sit on a chair and after cutting the cake, he made me eat the cake first and afterwards our children made me eat the cake. After feeding each other, we clicked few selfies on my mobile.

After clicking selfies, we all sat together and were eating cake while my husband signalled me to come to our room and after noticing that our children were busying in devouring the cake, I silently went to our room keeping the cake aside. Seeing me in the room he pulled me towards him and pecked me on my lips and made me sit on the bed and showed me a ring which made me surprised and he asked me to forward my hand. He caught my hand in his hand and placed the ring on my finger and kissed my hand. I was totally impressed by the ring and also his actions and said, "The ring is very beautiful." To which he sat on the bed and and made me sit on his lap and looked into my eyes saying, "Yes. It is beautiful just like you. As soon as I saw the ring I knew that it should be on your finger. It's just like you. Simple and elegant." I blushed at his compliment and tried to turn my face away from him but he held my face and said, "You should never turn your face away from your husband. It's a sin and you should be punished for the sin" and kissed me.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.