PART 74

Meenakshi's POV

My children were unaware of the situation and went to their school while my husband didn't seem to care at all and went to college while I was stuck with two elderly women. My grandmother in-law refused to eat anything and demanded that we should drop her off at our village. Seeing her stubbornness I called my husband to inform him and he said that he already informed Shanthi aunt and she was on her way to our home.

Few minutes later Shanthi aunt came home which made my grandmother in-law and mother in-law surprised. After talking to us for a while she said that she was hungry and wanted to eat something and asked us to give her company. I felt relieved as I was hungry from the morning but couldn't eat leaving both the elderly women. We all had our meal together and after the meal, I went to our room to study for the exam while the three ladies spent their time with each other.

After Shanthi went back to her home, my grandmother in-law asked if I was the one who called Shanthi aunt home. To which I said, "No Ammamma! Your grandson did it. He is very guilty for hurting you and didn't even have his breakfast and lunch for hurting you." I didn't want her to be angry on my husband so I lied about him not eating and it worked in his favour.

In the evening, when my husband came back his grandmother scolded him for skipping his meals and she herself prepared food for him and fed him which gave me peace as I didn't want to be the reason for spoiling anyone's relationships. They stayed with us for few more days and my husband dropped them off at our village.

Days were passing and one day when no one were home, our door bell rang which made me scared as no one comes home at mid day but as soon as I opened the door, it was my uncle who was walking without any support and he looked exactly like how he looked when I was a child but with few wrinkles on his face. My aunt stood beside him beaming like a child with excitement. I stood there shocked like a statue and slowly after recovering from the shock, I touched my uncle's hand which became normal. Last time when I talked to him on the video call he looked completely recovered but seeing him directly made me surprised. After recovering from the initial shock, I hugged my uncle and I couldn't stop crying while my uncle consoled me.

After I calmed down, I confronted my uncle about murdering my father's murderers and scolded him for spoiling his life but he said that he doesn't regret killing them and scolded me for going to our village and asked me to never visit that village again.

We spent our time recalling our past, my parents and getting emotional over losing our loved ones. I felt like a little girl sitting between my uncle and aunt while brothers sat beside my aunt. We didn't even move an inch and sat in the same place talking to each other.

Hours later, my husband came home with our children. They were surprised and happy to see my uncle fit and healthy. My husband talked to them and after the formalities my uncle said that he wants us to stay with them for few days. But my husband denied saying that our children were busy and can only stay with him in the holidays. My uncle looked disappointed but didn't say anything. After spending sometime with my children, they went back to their home.

In the night, I ignored my husband who was trying to do something naughty and scolded him for disappointing my uncle and said, "Why can't we stay with my uncle for few days? Didn't you see how eager he is to spend time with us?" To which he said, "This weekend you guys can go. Not on the weekdays." To which I threw the blanket away from me and said, "Why do you want to decide everything? I want to stay with my uncle. I can't wait till the weekend. He just recovered and I already feel guilty for not being there with him during his recovery" and eventually started crying. To which my husband caught my face and said, "Don't cry for everything. Go stay with them. I'll drop you at your uncle's home tomorrow." A smile immediately formed on my face and I wiped my tears and hugged him.

The next day, I packed our bags and after the children went to their school my husband dropped me at my uncle's place. My uncle and aunt were surprised seeing us and welcomed us inside but my husband soon went to college as he was getting late.

As days were passing my uncle tried to make up for the lost time with our family.

Months passed and in the month of April after my children's results were out and I was excited as I thought my children would demand for celebration but my children reminded that my exams are important and I should study and my husband made Vijay monitor me to make sure that I don't play any games on phone as he was busy with paper correction.

He warned me that I should atleast score 90% in all the subjects which made me scared. Vijay was no less than his father. As if monitoring me wasn't enough, he made sure that his brothers don't disturb me while studying. Fed up with his behaviour, I said, "Don't forget that I'm your mother. I know when to study and when not to study. You don't teach me what to do." To which he said, "Yes Amma. You just say this to dad and I'll not bother you anymore." I was shocked and also very furious with my son but not wanting to anger my husband I again started revising for the exam."

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.