PART 47

Meenakshi's POV

I was surprised learning about distance education but also felt uncomfortable with the thought of studying at this age. I understood that he was really serious about my studies but this was not something I wanted. I believed that everything has its own time and I was sure that at the age of 30, I was not supposed to concentrate on my studies.

The next day he left for Hyderabad and till the next weekend  he would call me once a day to talk to me but to my annoyance he would only ask me about reading the books he gave me and also asked me to read daily newspaper.

On the other hand, the dynamics in our family have changed a lot. My mother in-law started taunting Sudha for no reason and even though Sudha would always ignore those rude comments, I know for sure that if her patience broke, my mother in-law would regret her actions.

One night, I was bored and not able to sleep so I randomly started reading a story and read the entire book in one go. I thought I would not be able to read but I read as the stories were very simple and also the book was very colourful. By the time my husband came back, I read all the books he has given me.

On the night he came back, he asked me to narrate all the stories which I read and after listening to me he gave me a book and said, "Not bad. Now write down whatever I say."

I felt irritated with his behaviour but still wrote everything he said but he looked very disappointed after seeing what I wrote and said, "Who writes like this? See! How many mistakes you made here?"

Tears filled my eyes and I said, "This is why I don't want to study. But you wanted me to study and now scolding me. It's like you are wantedly scolding me. You like scolding me all the time." To which he said, "Why would I like scolding you. Infact, I hate scolding you but see what you have written here." To which I said, "You scold me all the time and even if I do everything you say, you still scold me. I'm reading and writing after two decades just because you said and still you are scolding me like this."

To which he said, "I understand. But whatever you wrote is pure nonsense. You should correct your spelling mistakes. This is terrible. Even Adarsh writes better than you."

I thought he would stop criticizing me  but seeing him non stop pointing out my mistakes made me angry and I said, "This is not bad. There are not many mistakes but you are just exaggerating." To which he said, "Yes, yes. I'm exaggerating. Everything you wrote is perfect and everyone should learn the real spellings from you."

I knew that he was being sarcastic but I still said, "Yes and I don't mind teaching you all the real spellings."He   laughed at what I said while I lied down on the bed to sleep but he pulled me to his side and said, "Do you know how much I missed you?" To which I said, "Yes. I know. You missed me so much that whenever you called me you only talking about reading, writing, books and studies."

To which he said, "That is for your own good. But I really hate staying away from you. I just want you to stay with me forever."

I blushed at what he said and murmured, "Even I don't like to stay away from you." He looked happy with my answer and said, "Then show me how much you hate to stay away from me."

I blushed at what he said and moved away from him to which he said, "You just say but you actually don't mean what you say." I was offended by what he said and said, "No. I really mean what I say." To which he said, "Then show me." He waited for me to react and not getting any reaction from me he turned his back towards me.

I hated to see him upset and after hesitating for a while. I kissed him on his cheek and tried to move away but he immediately caught me and said, "What is this? This is not how you kiss and what is this kiss on the cheek. This doesn't even count. Come! Now give me a proper kiss on the lips." I wanted to distract him so I said, "It's time to sleep."

To which he said, "Yes! It's time to sleep. So, now quickly give me a proper kiss on my lips or else I won't sleep and also will not let you sleep." Not having any other way, I went near him and I could see the desire he has for me in his eyes and not able to have an eye contact with him, I closed my eyes and touched my lips to his and stayed still and understanding my shyness, he caught hold of my head and didn't leave me till I was completely out of breath.

My mind went blank with the kiss and   didn't know what has happened but after the kiss, I found myself completely sitting on his lap and then again when I moved my lips closer to his, we heard continuous knocks leading us to move away from each other. As I was adjusting my saree and hair, he opened the door.

As soon as they saw their father they hugged him and said, "Nanna! We were waiting for you but then fell asleep."

My husband hugged them back and then picked all three of them and came inside. We all sat on the bed and our kids started telling everything to their father which has happened in his absence.

After the kids fell asleep, my husband came to my side of the bed and I fell asleep in his arms with a smile on my face."

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.