PART 60

Meenakshi's POV

Seeing my hesitance he said, "Ask anything. I'll not refuse" and seeing his assurance I said, "Will you take me to my home?" To which first he gave me a confused look and later said, "Okay so you want to go to your uncle's home." To which I said, "No. To my father's home, the place where we got married." To which he said, "Okay. But now let's do something else." To which I said, "Yes. It's 2A.M., we should sleep now." To which he said, "No. Don't. It's been many days that I was inside you" and started to remove my saree but stopped him and said, "What are you doing? Our kids are just beside us." To which he looked annoyed and picked them up but as soon as he picked Adarsh, he started crying loudly.

My husband tried to calm him down but he didn't stop crying so I took him in my arms and as soon as I took him, he stopped crying and fell asleep in my arms. Vijay and Ajay too woke up because of their brother's loud cries. My husband quickly placed their heads on my lap and they again fell asleep after I started patting their heads.

After they fell asleep my husband placed them properly on the bed and laid beside me and said, "Our children love you a lot. They could feel your touch even in their sleep. Why would they not? You are such a good mother. They are lucky to have a mother like you." I was surprised with his compliment. He doesn't praise anyone too often. I felt happy to receive such a compliment from him and said, "I'm the lucky one to have such children. They are the best children in the whole world." To which he said, "What about your husband? Is your husband good?" To which I blushed and turned my face to the other side.

But he didn't leave me and pulled me towards him and looked at me intensely and said, "Tell me." I felt very shy and closed my eyes and he said, "Open your eyes and answer me." To which I hugged him tightly and said, "Don't you know how I feel about you?" To which he said, "I know." To which I said, "What do you feel about me?" To which he didn't say anything and after what felt like an eternity he said, "I feel like always keeping you close to me. I feel like carrying you in my pocket all the day and in the nights I just want to be inside you without any barriers and I don't want anyone between us, not even our children. I feel like you should love me the most."

I was stunned listening to him and just stayed in his arms without saying anything and he continued, "I feel like kissing every inch of your.." I immediately placed my palm on his mouth to stop him from saying anything more. To which he laughed and said, "Didn't you want to listen about all these?" To which I said, "Not anymore. I'm sleepy. I want to sleep now" and closed my eyes.

The next morning, I got up to see my husband and kids sleeping peacefully. I kissed my kids on their foreheads and got ready to start the day.

After my kids went to school my husband asked me to get ready to go out. I excitedly got ready and followed him. He informed to everyone that we were both going to my home which shocked everyone.

But after reaching there, I was confused, nothing looked the same. Everything looked different. There was also a government high school in the village which made me happy. But I didn't find my home anywhere.

Tears filled my eyes and I said, "I don't know where my house is." To which my husband said, "You stand here. I'll ask someone." He went near an old man and asked something and then came back to me after talking to him and said, "He can't listen but is talking non stop about random things." Listening to him I remembered Sambaiah thatha (Grandfather).

He was our neighbour and also a good friend of my late grandfather. He couldn't listen but was a very strong man. Suddenly I felt that the old man was Sambaiah thatha, so I ran towards him and stood infront of him.

I was shocked seeing him. He looked the same but with more wrinkles. He was also holding a walking stick in his hand. Seeing me infront of him made him stop moving forward and said, "Girl! Why are you blocking my way?" To which I was disappointed as I wanted him to recognise me. But I also knew that it's not possible as it's been more than 20 years. So, I showed him a picture of my parents and me in my mobile. Meanwhile my husband came near us and stood beside me.

He took the phone from my hand and said, "Are you our Chandra's daughter?" To which I nodded my head and he said, "Finally! You had the time to come to our village" and pointed towards my husband and said,"Is he your husband?" To which I nodded my head and he patted my husband's shoulder and invited us to their house.

I was excited and we both followed him. As we were walking everyone stared at us and Sambaiah thatha introduced us to everyone on the way to his house.

After reaching his house, he asked us to come in but my eyes searched for my home. Thatha patted my shoulder and said, "Your uncle sold your house and the current owner turned it into a milk booth."

I knew that my uncle sold everything but listening about his deeds again made me very disappointed. I wanted to scold my uncle. How could he sell our home where we had memories with my late parents. It was our ancestral home. I didn't know when he became so heartless. He loved our family immensely. He would always say that family comes first but I didn't know why he did what he did!

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.