Chapter One

She was here

She was here. She wanted what she deserved. 

********************************************************************************

The wind was warm across her face, her eyelashes tickling her high cheekbones, the grass sticking into her back as she wriggled on the soft ground. The fluttering of light seeping into her eyes as she let the world around her awaken her. Slowly she sat up her eyes scanning the bright grasslands around her, high trees surrounding the edge, the different scents of flowers and herbs flittering in her senses. Her green eyes scanned the area around her, no one was around her, she was alone, but she was used to it, she was always alone. And that's what she believed she deserved.

Where was she. She thought slowly standing, the white dress falling to her ankles. Her hair falling around her, reaching to her hips, a bow holding back the pieces from in front of her face, slowly she stepped forward allowing her feet to sink into the dirt. This was strange, strange indeed. Her hands gliding over the flowers, soft to the touch. When she looked back up she was startled to see a man standing not that far from her, dressed in a suit, a peaky cap atop his head, and a cigarette in his mouth. 

But it was his eyes that she saw first, they were crystal blue, like the lightest sapphire she had ever seen.

"Hello Morgan." The man greeted her, his voice deep, and it was a thick Brummie accent. She tilted her head at the man wondering how he knew her name. The man waited for her to relax seeing her body tense, her eyes narrowing on the man in question.

Morgan watched him when it clicked. "You are Death," She said clearly, her emerald eyes looking at him. Death smirked and nodded his head to her, confirming her suspicion. Morgan let a tiny breath leave her lips, as tears filled her eyes. "I am dead. Aren't I?" She asked holding back the soft sob.

Morgan was quite distressed when Death nodded to her, his eyes holding truth. Morgan was not upset about dying, more or less she was upset because it was her best friends, her mother figure, and that lying headmaster that had killed her. Death let her slowly figure out what had happened to her, he didn't want to over burden the girl with more information. He had watched over her, her whole life, never being allowed to help the poor girl when she was beaten, mentally and physically, but he did interfere when that walrus of a man tried to rape the girl. No he would never allow anyone to hurt his Mistress like that, even Mother Magic would never allow it. 

He watched as her supposed best friends willingly betrayed her to the headmaster of Hogwarts, watched as she slowly became sicker as the days went on. His sweet Mistress fighting for her life every day, her magic being repressed. He wanted nothing more then to save her, give her the childhood she really deserved. But he wasn't allowed, not until now.

Morgan closed her eyes as she took a slow breath in her hands resting on her belly, the air filling her belly pushing her hand with it, then she let out a slow breath her hand being pulled back. She did this five times, each time counting for five seconds. When she finally calmed down, she took a cautious step to Death, but it wasn't out of fear of him, no it was out of fear that she would lose this almost safe feeling she was getting from the intimidating man.

Death stayed still letting her come closer. Watching her, as she held a hand up to him. Death smiled and placed his own hand in hers. But he was shocked as she shook his hand.

"Hello Death, it is lovely to meet you." Morgan whispered, smiling lightly. 

Death smiled at her. "It is lovely to meet you as well Lady Morgan." Death said as he leaned forward and kissed her hand. Morgan laughed at the deity. And he smiled enjoying the childlike laughter, wishing she could have had more of it when she was younger.

"Are you taking me somewhere safe?" The young woman asked, her eyes sparkling with intrigue.

Death halted in his thoughts. "I can take you to the next world little one, The Summer Lands, where your family are, but I have another option for you." Death started as the two begun walking in the fields, Morgan's hand wrapped in the crook of his arm as they made the slow walk.

"What option?" She questioned.

"Another chance," Death responded. "Another chance to change your life, to having a better life then the one you had." 

Morgan was shocked to hear those words, but in a way she was thankful that he was giving her a choice. "You are giving me the chance to change the past?" She asked.

"Yes, little one, I've seen everything that happened to you, I regret that I could not step in, but I wanted to, you deserve to have the life you deserve little one, more then you think." Death said to her. "You deserve a childhood, and this time you will have it, and I will be there with you every step of the way."

Morgan blinked and blinked again. A chance to live her life again. Change the course of the future she has now or let the wizarding world endure. Save those she has lost, Fred, Remus, Dobby, and Sirius. George could have his brother back, and she could maybe even be friends with Draco Malfoy, and tell him he has a choice.

"If I did this, would I see my mother and father again?" She questioned.

Death smirked. "Little one, you are the Mistress of Death, I answer to you and only you, and being my Mistress, it allows you to speak to those who have passed, it will take time to Master this skill but little one you will be able to speak to them, whenever you want." Death whispered, the words sounding like a perfect song in her ears.

She looked up at Death, her emerald eyes sparkling. "I want what I deserve, I want to rule the world, so Death sit back and watch them learn, it is finally my turn." She said a smirk resting on her lips.

Death chuckled a dark look appearing in his eyes as the world around them turned dark, the deity whisking them away from the in-between. Leaving only an empty field, no signs of the two ever being there.

The wizarding world was in for a world of hurt.